How to use Rhythm Animator in Session strings 2

Artiquarius
Artiquarius Member Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2022 in Kontakt

I am trying to use the Rythm Animator in Session strings 2. There is a list of Patterns and a list of sets. I have watched Youtube videos whereby a pattern number is selected from the list and dragged to the key switchs on the left to load the appropriate rythmn. - This dosen’t work.

I have also read the Session Strings 2 manual which says - select a pattern number and double click on it to load it.

I have tried both methods and everything else I can think of but the patterns and sets of numbers do not load up and however many times I try clicking and dragging they do not make any changes to the pattern of notes already loaded. 

In effect it appears not to work. Am I missing something? - I have reloaded Session strings but this had no effect. - Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited November 2022

Hello,

you have to trigger those patterns with a note in the lowest oktave but only white keys

• Artiquarius

Thank you for your advice but hitting the lowest keys does nothing to change the pattern. - I can change the patterns by using the arrows on the panel at the top of the vertical keyboard ( to the left of the column of numbers but as there are hundreds of combinations of patterns then using this method to find pattern 578 for instance one click at a time would take forever and far too long to be useful. All the online info says I should be able to either drag and drop or click to select the number I want but neither of these methods work. I have tried every combination of menus / effects voices /chords / and so on but to no avail. THANKS for your advice anyway. Regards BRIAN.

• Uwe303
    edited November 2022

That is strange, i tried it in maschine and c-1 and all other lowest few white keys switched those pre- selected patterns for me. You of course have to pre select different patterns for reach white key otherwise it sounds the same. The arrows you mean are just for preselection. Can later make some pics or whatever to show you what I mean.

• Uwe303

The red keys switch the rhythm patterns

• Artiquarius

Thank you but that is not the problem. Yes I can move up and down between the 6 keys as you point out but I cannot load a pattern into those six keys other that laboriously going through the hundreds of option by clicking one at a time.

E.G I am currently on Stacc07 but if I want to hear what Pizz02 160bpm sounds like then I ought to be able to click on it to bring it up or drag and drop it onto the keys. However nothing makes this happen so I would have to keep clicking and searching forever until I got to that number to have it load into the keys so I could hear the pattern variations of that number within the six key switches. - I hope this makes sense. Most you tube videos show a simple drag and drop of the pattern number onto the keys. This is not happening. Regards BRIAN.

• Uwe303
    edited November 2022

and it works exacly like you want, you are on sets, and double click on one to load it, but before you have to stop playback!! You can also go to the pattern tab and just load a pattern but then again you have to stop playback. Unfortunately I forgot to mention that earlier.

• pcr
    pcr Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello,

I have the exact same problem as the Artiquarius, the drag and drop method of loading a pattern onto a key does not seem to work, would appreciate help.

Thanks, pcr