Maschine transport buttons not working in Midi Mode in Logic

Mavros
Mavros Member Posts: 33 Member
edited November 2022 in Maschine

I repost this issue as I saw the original one was marked as answered but I still have a problem with Maschine in Midi Mode.

I am using an MBP with M1Max and Monterey latest update and also Maschine 2 latest update.

In Midi Mode in Logic the pads work, the groups switch the octaves, shift-1 and shift-2 for undo and redo work, the mixer functions and solo and mute work but play, record, loop and tap do not work. According to the cheat sheet NI provides for Logic integration in Midi Mode they should work however. Pushing Record on the MK3 just activates the track for recording (red R in the track header). The other transport buttons are inactive. 

I tried to reprogram these buttons allocating MCU IDs for those commands instead of CCs in Template 1 in the Controller Editor but to no avail. The only way I got Maschine to control Logic transport buttons is if I load the Logic Pro instance instead of the NI default one but there the integration is very basic e.g. most other buttons and the pads are set to off. 

Has anyone and idea why only these bottons do not work in the standard setup as per NIs recommendation and how to solve this issue? I already did the fix NI propose (reload the .device file) but that has not effect.

Tagged:

Comments

• Mavros
    Mavros Member Posts: 33 Member

No one has this issue?

• Walnut
    Walnut Member Posts: 36 Member

I have this issue and would like to figure it out as well. I do not mind using midi mode with CC, however I would like to use the shift + 1 for example to undo, so and so forth.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited June 2023

You're mixing different things together...

According to the cheat sheet NI provides for Logic integration in Midi Mode they should work however.

That is not MIDI Mode, it's DAW control, completely different things. I just explained this in another thread. https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/76086/#Comment_76086

MIDI Mode = Shift+Channel/MIDI

DAW Control = Shift+Plugin/Instance

You either use DAW control which works as is and is not customizable (the one with the fancy mixer meter on the HW) or MIDI Mode (the ugly one), the latter can be used to emulate MCU / Mackie controllers, which combines the DAW having a Mackie template with Controller Editor also using a Mackie template o both know how to talk to each other.

This last approach means you have to use the standard Mackie CC's, if you change them in Controller Editor they have to match Mackies standards. Record for example is CC / Parameter ID #95. Controller Editor actually helps you see what the ID will do.

So this: (Mackie CE template loaded and modded record button)

Communicates with this:

If I now press the record button I record into Logic normally.

You can change everything else you might want, you just have to be careful to follow Mackies standard or unexpected things will happen. You can also combine all this with making custom 'shortcuts' for things via MIDI mapping in logic, you just have to be careful and use MIDI parameters in CE that are unused in Mackie standards.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 413 Guru

You can also teach Logic to react to any MIDI command which has keyboard shortcut via “Learn keyboard shortcut” and instead of typing in key combinations, press relevant key on MIDI controller. Logic will use that MIDI command for whatever this keyboard shortcut was for, I.e. Record