Kontakt EVENLY spread velocity for all zones...

BrickHouse
BrickHouse Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited November 2022 in Scripting Workshop

I am building a glitchy Kontakt instrument were ideally each sample has its own velocity.

After dragging in many audio files (creating many zones)…

Is there an easy way to have all files spread evenly across all velocity.

There is the option to “Spread Velocity” but this just fills the space between each velocity….

Example if I had 4 samples loaded, and since there is 127 degrees of velocity, I would divide 127 by 4 and get 32. Therefore, sample one would be velocity 1-32, sample two would be 33-65 etc…

I can manually do this, but if I have 50 samples it will take a long painful time to do….

Is there a way to evenly spread the velocity over all samples quickly and easily without doing it manually….

Tagged:

Comments

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro
    edited November 2022

I am building a glitchy Kontakt instrument were ideally each sample has its own velocity.

After dragging in many audio files (creating many zones)…

Is there an easy way to have all files spread evenly across all velocity.

There is the option to “Spread Velocity” but this just fills the space between each velocity….

Example if I had 4 samples loaded, and since there is 127 degrees of velocity, I would divide 127 by 4 and get 32. Therefore, sample one would be velocity 1-32, sample two would be 33-65 etc…

I can manually do this, but if I have 50 samples it will take a long painful time to do….

Is there a way to evenly spread the velocity over all samples quickly and easily without doing it manually….

This is not the first time. Posts which have nothing to do with Kontakt Scripts keep disappearing and reappearing in the Scripting Workshop. The most likely effect of this is that the poster wonders what the # has happened to his post. Could someone please have a word with whoever is responsible, and ask them to stop doing it.

Mr Brickhouse, if I understand correctly, you simply need to select all the samples destined for each velocity range in turn, in the Mapping Editor (lasso them), and adjust the range with the mouse, or by typing it in the Mapping Editor header. It might help to create a few temporary instruments and load and adjust each group of zones there, before copying them into your final glitchy instrument.

• Reid115
    Reid115 Member Posts: 47 Member

You can set ZONE_PAR_LOW_VELO and ZONE_PAR_HIGH_VELO with set_zone_par().

• Gablux
    Gablux Member Posts: 71 Member

For non user zones you will want to use a Lua script and creator tools to do that.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited November 2022

Hi @EvilDragon! can you pls help stephen out?

• Gablux
    Gablux Member Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2022

The way to do this easily is using Lua scripting and Creator tools.

• rth38
    rth38 Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2022

If you have a good way to put the note name, minimum velocity, and maximum velocity values in the file names of the samples, there's an easy way to map them in Kontakt with Auto Mapping. Just put an underscore between each parameter in the file name and the Auto Mapping will give you a selection for each section to tell it what the parameter is.

For example, I'll have a sample named "Synth_C2_1_32.wav", another named "Synth_33_65.wav", and a bunch more with similar names. I'll drag them all in and have them all selected. In the mapping section, click Edit and find the Auto Map Setup.

It'll show parameters from one of the files which will apply to all of them:

Synth -> "Make Group Name" or "Ignore"

C2 -> "Make Root Key"

1 -> "Make Min Velocity"

32 -> "Make Max Velocity"

Click Apply and Close

Then I'll use the function to spread the notes to fill out the keyboard (you could alternatively use Make Low/High Keys if you put both notes in the file name)