S61 Mk2 Keybed Doesn't Initialize

2»

Answers

• SuperTRev
    SuperTRev Member Posts: 91 Member

Ok. I have it enabled both in and out and on port 102 now.

There was a KK update. Installed it, no change. Then used the 'Reinstall' button. No change.

Then used Ccleaner to uninstall KK *and both driver listings. Swept the computer of all junk and a registry sweep and reinstalled the computer. Reinstalled KK. Remembered to enable all MIDI ports in the KK standalone app. No change.

An interesting thing is on install, a window pops up saying it is installing 'Bome's Virtual MIDI'. I use Bome's MTP with the MIDI mode. But if MTP is running or not, this issue remains. I think it might have something to do with MTP though. It is registered as MIDI ports in FLS even when the program isn't running, which doesn't happen with MIDI devices. When they are unplugged, they disappear from the list.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Normally it does not collide with bomes midi driver, i tested with maschine as mackie device with FL studio and this works, it reports the track names and all the cool stuff mackie control has to offer even if it is an old standard. I can't remember how it was before the implementation in cubase, back then it also walked just as mackie device, but i can try.

• SuperTRev

Just realized I said that I reinstalled my computer. 😂

My audio driver for everything is running through my Mackie Onyx 8. I had the KK standalone set to 'FLS ASIO'. Thought that could be it; changed it to the Mackie driver, but no change.

Here is a demo vid showing it happening. Don't know why my mouse cursor didn't show up.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@SuperTRev I would recommend, for troubleshooting, to not use the transport / Mackie Control functions of the keyboard in FL Studio, see if that gets in the way.

I would also recommend to uninstall Ccleaner as it's often responsible for a lot of issues, with our products and many more, as you can read here: Notes on Using Registry or Property List Cleaning Utilities

If you are still having issues, I would also recommend to get in touch with my colleagues here, as this thread is starting to get a little confusing: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

• SuperTRev

Ok I will set the DAW - 1 driver to 'generic' to see if that has any effect (Image Line hasn't provided any official support for the NI keyboards for some reason).

Odd that I'm running the KK standalone right now, tried to boot up FLS and it's the 'DAW - 1' driver that failed (was already in use), instead of the KK - 1 driver. Very strange.

Microsoft stated:

"Some products such as registry cleaning utilities suggest that the registry needs regular maintenance or cleaning."

So when a program gets uninstalled and there is still 18 registry entries left over on the computer, there is A PROBLEM

Windows PC's absolutely do need registry cleaners. Microsoft just doesn't like having challenges to their electric eye.

I am also confused as to why my thousand dollar keyboard doesn't work properly.

• Uwe303
    edited November 2022

In Cubase with mackie control mode it also does not work like with the proper integration that exists for cubase, i just forgot about that fact, cause it´s long time ago cubase was also not supported like it is now. So you have to use the instance button. FL Studio is officially not supported as cubase for example.

• SuperTRev

I had made a 'standby mode' custom MIDI preset. It has nothing assigned and the keybed is turned off. So that all the lights are turned off, as much as possible (It's actually seen in the video I posted; when I push the MIDI button that's the one). I use it to quickly put the keyboard to sleep when taking a break and walking away from it for a while. I just have to push the 'MIDI' button to sleep it and then 'Plugin' when I come back to play.

This is the preset that it has been selected during this time of this keybed initialize issue. Just now I changed the MIDI preset to an active one, then turned off the keyboard and FLS, and tried the process again and it works fine again. I'm starting to think this is the problem. For some reason the MIDI mode disabling of the keybed has bled into the KK plugin mode.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Windows PC's absolutely do need registry cleaners. Microsoft just doesn't like having challenges to their electric eye.

We had a lot of cases where CCleaner or similar programs deleted essential files, causing a lot of issues with some of our products, Komplete Kontrol keyboards included.

I am also confused as to why my thousand dollar keyboard doesn't work properly.

Well, that's why I told you to contact our support agents.

• SuperTRev

I think that I've figured it out. I will submit the ticket and tell them about it.

Thank you Jeremy.

• Uwe303

Would be cool if you can describe a bit how you solved it.

• SuperTRev

I mentioned it above.

When the keyboard has this 'sleep mode' (custom MIDI preset I had made) selected, and I turn off the keyboard; the next time I turn it on to use it, the keyboard remembers that preset and has it set to that one. Even if the KK plugin is running and the keyboard auto boots to the plugin mode, the keybed is still disabled because of that MIDI 'sleep mode' (I'm speculating but I'm pretty sure that I'm right).

When turning off the keyboard, whenever I have a custom MIDI preset that has an active keybed selected, this problem is solved when turning it back on. The keybed initializes no problem the first time when I turn it on and use it with the KK plugin.

I've submitted the support ticket just to tell them about this.

• Uwe303

Ahh ok i thought you have found another solution, but with the mackie integration this is the only way i guess. It was the same for me with cubase if not using the native integration and mackie instead.

• SuperTRev
    Answer ✓

Ya I just figured out that if I set the 'sleep mode' keybed from 'off' back to 'note' and just transpose it all the way down so the lights are off, this also solves the problem. So now I still have a one button press sleep mode.

• SuperTRev

I spoke too soon. It's still happening, my fault. I have email correspondence ongoing with the hardware team right now.

I've linked them to this thread.