No option to Locate Expansions?

rdalcroft
rdalcroft Member Posts: 143 Helper
edited November 2022 in Native Access

Why are there no options to Locate Machine expansions,

I have to download them and reinstall?

This seems stupid when I have them already installed on an external drive?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @rdalcroft unfortunately it's not possible to locate expansions at the moment, but rest assured the Native Access team is aware of this feature request.

In the meantime, there's a workaround. I've created a support ticket for you and our team will get back to you by email.

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @rdalcroft unfortunately it's not possible to locate expansions at the moment, but rest assured the Native Access team is aware of this feature request.

In the meantime, there's a workaround. I've created a support ticket for you and our team will get back to you by email.

• JackHarlequin
    JackHarlequin Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

@Kaiwan_NI If there is a workaround, why are you not posting it in the place where people will come to look for said workaround ?

• rdalcroft
    rdalcroft Member Posts: 143 Helper

I ended up just re-downloading them all again. Bit frustrating when you already have them. This should not be a hard thing to do. And I am sure this was possible with the original version of native access, I could be wrong though.

• KemyR87
    KemyR87 Member Posts: 1 Member

@Kaiwan_NI Can you let us know the workaround because i'd rather not download all the expansion twice ;)

Thanks

• edcox
    edcox Member Posts: 1 Member

Same here. Is it possible to share the workaround @Kaiwan_NI or should we all submit individual support tickets?

• NexusJBM
    NexusJBM Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Please share this workaround!

• dexl
    dexl Member Posts: 49 Member

What is the workaround?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited September 2023

Not sure about a workaround but repair/relocate works for me for expansions.

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor

it is strange as I've never been able to do that, though those expansions would surely deserve to be relocated in a streamlined fashion like Kontakt library can be.

• Kymeia
    edited September 2023

OK am I missing something? I tried it with Backyard Jams for example, just moved the whole folder from where I had it installed to my desktop and it gives me these options to repair it straight away in NA:

After relocating it Maschine is able to use it from that new location

My assumption was this must have been added at some point after Kaiwan's post

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert
    edited September 2023

This must have been added lately.

Now…the question why NI does these kind of things without informing users (unless it was added in 3.2.0 - 2023-02-20, where it says “Improved the Relocate functionality”, in which case the communication wasn’t clear at all) is really out of my comprehension possibilities…

• Kymeia

No idea but there’s a ‘relocate all’ now too