Reaktor not available like other plugins

DWNATIVE
DWNATIVE Member Posts: 7 Member
edited November 2022 in Reaktor

I just upgraded and reinstalled everything on my new Windows 11 PC.

Komplete 7 seems to have installed correctly.

All my plugins are available: Guitar Rig 6, Komplete Kontrol, Kontact, Supercharger (Supercharger I didn't know I had).

Reaktor or the Reaktor VST is not visible. I've installed the Reaktor5 and Reaktor6 exe's and have multiple versions of VST's in my directories, but Reaktor is not visible or available at all.

I look at the Native Access "Installed" list (pictures of products) = ATTACHED FILE

I added my serial number and it said "Registered".

And the word "Installed" is greyed out, but I thought that meant I owned it.

I own THE MOUTH also, but that won't work WITHOUT REAKTOR, right? I just need to get the MOUTH to work at a minimum.

I know setting up a new computer is complex, but I have been struggling with this for months. Please help. Thank you

I also logged in as dwalton6@san.rr.com, my regular ID, and it brought me to a page to enter my basic data again like username and listed my VERY VERY OLD email of dwalton1@sam.rr.com.

***Like I said it accepted my old CD Komplete 7 Elements Serial #. AT A MINIMUM, if I'm not authorized to use this on Windows 11 or my new computer (do I need to uninstall on old PC?), then what do I need to do to get THE MOUTH to work?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited November 2022
  • DWNATIVE

Bummer. One Questions still: If Reaktor won't run "The Mouth". What else can I plug it into?

I have so many sets tweaked perfectly to use this plug-in. I'm not familiar enough with your offerings, so can I plug in "The Mouth" with Kontrol? Komplete? Kontrol? Kore?

Thank you for the answer. I never thought that would be the case. I should've contacted you earlier.

• DWNATIVE
    edited November 2022

Is there a release date for Reaktor Windows 11?

Or, as in the above question, if you can solve with another piece of software, cool...

• Paule

Don't ask the users please.

The Mouth is an ensemble for Reaktor 5 or R6 and no other software.

Myself run OS win 10 pro 22H2

• DWNATIVE

Ok, so the fact that I bought both and The Mouth won't work for Win 11, means I just throw it away?

Are there plans for Reaktor to work in Windows 11 someday or is it dead?

I can't rebuild my entire computer for Windows 11. Ableton 11 only runs on Windows 11 to my knowledge.

Thank you for the reply. I will stop asking questions after this...

• Paule

There is another way with virtual OS (win 10) but I never realised it.

The win 10 suppport ends in Oct. 2025.

• mrwitte
    mrwitte Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 4

I'm starting to think that Reaktor 6 still isn't absolutely 100% ready for Windows 11. I had it working fine on a computer I'd upgraded from Win10 to Win11, but that rig developed an SSD issue which required me to start from scratch with a fresh Win11 install (from bootable USB) on a brand new SSD.

So I reinstalled everything from the ground up. New/clean Win11 system spins like a top, but Reaktor 6 has never worked since. With File Explorer the VST2 is clearly visible in my 64bit VST directory, and the VST3 is clearly visible in the default VST3 install location. They are both the size they ought to be. Native Access even says Reaktor 6 is "INSTALLED".

But both the Reaktor 6 VST2 and VST3 are completely invisible to the Reaktor 6 standalone app (pic attached), Komplete Kontrol, and my DAW.

I've installed/reinstalled more than a dozen times in different weird combos in the last few days, made sure I was running stuff as Administrator the whole time, tried using the NI Uninstall RegTool to make sure weird registry artifacts weren't hanging around ruining things, tried using NI's NTKDaemon 1.13.0 utility to make sure permissions existed before more reinstalls, double-checked the Registry plugin location entries in RegEdit (they're perfect), wiped Native Access and Reaktor 6 then reinstalled NA with default VST locations before reinstalling Reaktor 6 again, uninstalled Reaktor 5 and left it uninstalled while reinstalling Reaktor 6 just in case it was causing "confusion", scoured my drives with Void Tools Everything to make sure there weren't stray/conflicting installations of Reaktor VSTs in odd locations, disconnected other external drives that had backups of my VST folders in case they were causing some sort of conflict, cross-referenced filesize of my Reaktor 6 VST2 and VST3 files with a buddy of mine whose Reaktor 6 installs are running great (they matched perfectly), scrubbed/reset/rescanned the Komplete Kontrol Database, and probably a bunch more stuff I'm not remembering right now because I've been at this for days and it's getting late.

Throughout every unique reinstall permutation of this entire process there are rock-solid constants that have remained completely unchanged regardless of anything I do:

• After every install/trial, Reaktor 6 VSTs (2 & 3) have been visible right where they're supposed to be in File Explorer, and obviously correctly installed judging by the filesize.
    • Native Access has consistently concurred with the above: Reaktor 6 shows up in Native Access as perfectly INSTALLED with no option to repair or relink.
    • Reaktor 6 VSTs (both 2 & 3) have been completely invisible to the Reaktor 6 standalone app, Komplete Kontrol, and my DAW no matter what I have tried.
    • Every other NI VST/plugin has consistently worked perfectly on this system, everywhere they're supposed to and every time I've checked them for the sake of consistency. I see them in my DAW, their standalone apps work, Komplete Kontrol is able to load them up. If do I find another NI plugin that seems to have any similar issues I'll report back here, but I have found none so far.

The plugins are clearly there, it's just that NA/Komplete Kontrol don't seem to be seeing them for some reason.

I had Reaktor 6 (and everything else of course) running fine on my previous OpSys SSD, which was also Windows 11. However, that one was originally a Windows 10 install. I installed NI Komplete back when it was still a Windows 10 machine, and everything worked. Later on, I figured out how to update to Windows 11, and everything continued to work. It wasn't until I installed NI Komplete from the ground up on a fresh Windows 11 OpSys that I encountered this problem.

I think that whatever "paths" or "recognition protocol" or "activation" or whatever Native Access/Komplete does upon installation were established successfully under Windows 10, and then those record-keeping protocols were successfully retained in place when I updated to Windows 11.

But on the fresh install on brand-spanking-new Windows 11, it seems that it wasn't possible for that vital initial protocol/record-keeping to get done correctly, maybe due to Windows 11's inherently cockamamie security standards. Maybe turning off Compatibility Mode in your BIOS screws up Komplete's record-keeping on Reaktor 6? Or TPM? Or hell maybe it's just that the newest version of Native Access is buggy.

I dunno, but I really want my software back! Can you tell? 🤣🤮

I'm using the latest version of Windows 11 and the latest versions of Native Access/Komplete 14 Standard.

• mrwitte
    mrwitte Member Posts: 7 Member

OK, Reaktor 5 is also having issues after all.

When I try and load Monark from the Player tab in Reaktor 5 it tells me the file was saved with a newer version of Reaktor and that I need to update my software.

When I try and load Kontour from the Player tab in Reaktor 5 it tells me I haven't entered a serial # yet and that I should use the Service Center (!) to enter it. When I click the Activate button it offers me, a Reaktor 5 popup tells me Service Center can not be found and that I should run the product installer again to install Service Center