Issue migrating Kontakt Player from old PC to new Mac

tthompson691
tthompson691 Member Posts: 1 Member

I recently got a new laptop (moving from PC to Mac M1 if that matters) and am going through the process of getting all my plugins, audio files, and FL Studio projects moved over. Most of it has transferred fine, but I've encountered a pretty big issue with Kontakt.

I don't know how or why it worked out like this, but in the PC versions of my projects, if I used a Kontakt instrument, the plugin's name was just registered as "Kontakt", as opposed to Kontakt 5/6/7 player or whatever. On Mac, I've gone through and used Native Access to re-install all my NI stuff, but my only option for Kontakt is Kontakt 7 player. So when I try to open a project with the old plugins just called "Kontakt", it can't find that and returns an error. I've tried just dragging Kontakt 7 player onto the failed Kontakt channel in the channel rack, but it doesn't load up the instrument/preset properly.

Any ideas on workarounds here? Could it be as simple as renaming "Kontakt 7 Player" in my file system to "Kontakt"? I've searched everywhere for a download of just "Kontakt" but it doesn't really exist. This issue will have a massive (lol) effect on many of my projects so I really need to figure something out rather than being SOL. Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

You should be able to install Kontakt 6 from Native Access on the M1. If you're using NA2, try using NA1 in Rosetta mode instead.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

You should be able to install Kontakt 6 from Native Access on the M1. If you're using NA2, try using NA1 in Rosetta mode instead.