Komplete Effects as AU to Use in Luna?

nigelallistair
nigelallistair Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello all... I am moving from Logic ProX to Luna but am heavily invested in the NI ecosystem with am S88 and Komplete 13. I'm trying to get ahead of any potential issue with integrating my NI synths, sounds, and plugins into Luna. Luna only supports AU plugins so my general question is - am I able to re-download my current products as AU instead of VST so that Luna will recognize and incorporate them? If so, what's that process like?

Also, are there any known issue with using my Komplete library in Luna?

Thanks very much.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,309 mod
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Logic also only supports AU, so there shouldn't be any issues with Luna or any special process. When you install a plugin, all formats are installed, AU, VST, AAX, VST3 when available.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

No idea, never used Luna and personally wouldn't use any software that doesn't support VST since i'd always want the option to move between Mac/Win

However it shouldn't be an issue in your case if you already had things working in Logic. Doesn't Logic only work with AU also?

If you haven't installed the AU version of plugins you will probably have to reinstall them, no idea what that is like but it would be nice if they had a simple option in Native Access to install plugin types without the need to install the whole thing but you may need to delete the core plugins (such as kontakt) then ensure you are set to install AU versions.

If you use Komplete Kontrol to load sounds at all that can be loaded as an AU plugin in a DAW and then can open/host VST plugins so that is an easy way to not have to install every other plugin as AU.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,309 mod
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Logic also only supports AU, so there shouldn't be any issues with Luna or any special process. When you install a plugin, all formats are installed, AU, VST, AAX, VST3 when available.