Does Kontakt recalls instruments/presets?

ste20man
ste20man Member Posts: 34 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

Hi

this is a general questions about plugins and Kontakt in particular.

When I load a project Kontakt loads up but it doesn't load up with Scarbee bass or mint guitar.

I have to load it back up using my memory of what plugin it should be.

Also the patches perameters when loaded do not come up (I have found how to save their state).

Is the VST supposed to remember and come up in Kontakt or do you have to remember and load them in fresh each time?

It would be nice if it remembered.

Thnx, ste. :O)

Best Answer

• Vinark
    Vinark Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

There is probablyy a setting somewhere in the FL preferences to disable processing of vst3 when not actively playing, to save CPU. This does not work with kontakt as it needs to run to load some scripts. See if you can find the setting or ask at the FL support. On cubase it is called suspend proccessing of VST3 when not processing audio. But cubase does that only with vst not vsti so no kontakt problem there.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Yes, the project is supposed to remember what Kontakt library was loaded. What operating system are you using? What DAW? Can you load the libraries normally in Kontakt in standalone?

• ste20man

Hi J.

Thnx for getting back.

Yes, everything works perfectly in both the VST mode in FL Studio and Standalone.

I'm currently on macOS Monterey - Version 12.6

16" - M1 - 64GB

After coming from my Surface Laptop 2 it's an amazing machine, very powerful.

It's just little things I need to clear up, not remembering is one of them.

It's getting difficult to remember all of the different parts of my project.

Would love it if it remembered, thanks if you can help, Ste. :O)

• Jeremy_NI

Make sure to give Full DIsk Access to FL Studio & Kontakt: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Restart your computer. Does Kontakt when in FL Studio remember now what lilbrary was loaded in the project?

• ste20man

Hi, I followed what you said and restarted, opening a project

When I pressed the Una Corda keys on the channel rack I got the normal screen to choose from everything when you first load something in contact. Hence I've got to remember what I was to be there say, bass or keys.

After I let the song play however FL and Kontact actually kicked in and picked up on what was what, including the last settings that there were.

It would be good if it was like that right from the off but I can defo deal with that.

Just one run and all is good!

Thnx for your advice, ste.

• Jeremy_NI

That's awkward, if you save a project,it should load the correct instrument in Kontakt. I'm a little confused by this sentence: "When I pressed the Una Corda keys on the channel rack I got the normal screen to choose from everything when you first load something in contact. Hence I've got to remember what I was to be there say, bass or keys."

Could you post screenshots ?

• ste20man

Hi, sorry for not being clear.

When I load the project, everything is visually fine, nothing is missing. [[PROJECT]]

When I click on the channel rack to see what Kontact example I have loaded in that slot I press the UNA CORDA button on the rack. Instead of getting the UNA CORDA coming up, I get the general "pick from all Kontact instruments possible - as if there is nothing loaded and I am going to have to choose it UNA again and reset all my settings - difficult to remember across the board) [[INITIAL LOAD]]

When, and this applies to all instances of Kontact in my project, like empire drums and prime bass - which exhibit the same behaviour, when I let the project run for an initial time, the Kontact plugins load up as they should. All it takes is for FL to play them once and they are recognized, settings and all. [[LOAD AFTER PLAY]]

Considering it only takes one full play for them to be recognized and come up it's not a massive thing.

When FL "goes over" each part in the playlist it must trigger NI Kontact to recognize and display the correct display with the attached settings. it is not the worst thing just to have to set it up at the beginning just once.

I am loving both FL and NI 14 so a small thing like this is nothing now I have figured out what to do, cheers, ste.

• Vinark
    Vinark Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

There is probablyy a setting somewhere in the FL preferences to disable processing of vst3 when not actively playing, to save CPU. This does not work with kontakt as it needs to run to load some scripts. See if you can find the setting or ask at the FL support. On cubase it is called suspend proccessing of VST3 when not processing audio. But cubase does that only with vst not vsti so no kontakt problem there.

• ste20man

Thanks V.

You were right, am on it in FL forum, thank you. Ste.