Native Access 2 - Known Issues 🚨

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

@Robert080 As written just before your comment, you can contact my colleagues, link in thread.

• akirabass
    akirabass Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2022

Now that Komplete Kontrol is fully compatible with M1, I wonder when the installation of Native Access 2 can be completed without relying on Rosetta? With all the respect for the effort of NI engineers to make your products compatible with Apple Silicon, I would be reluctant to install Rosetta just to install NA2.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor

There is an Apple silicon version of NA2, so it works natively, not via Rosetta. I installed it, and in the app info it clearly says Apple silicon.

• akirabass
    akirabass Member Posts: 7 Member

Ed, thanks for the reply. I did try the Apple Silicon version of NA2 installer which required Rosetta in order to install NTK Daemon during the installation process. As I re-started to use Mac freshly, I'm reluctant to make my OS compatible with the legacy environment. So, I aborted the installation.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor

Fair enough, Rosetta was already active on my MacBook so I did not notice it during the install.

• Theo van de Ven
    Theo van de Ven Member Posts: 43 Member
    edited November 2022
    Is it now safe and can I switch from (my perfectly working) Native access 1 to the new Access 2
    version 3.3.0 without expecting any problems? 
    Or should I be patient a little longer, perhaps untill its in the regular native access1 updates?

• Theo van de Ven
    Theo van de Ven Member Posts: 43 Member

Well, I will answer my own question ;)

I just upgraded to native access 2 without any problems. it took no more than a minute or so.

One question remaining... The latest version should be 3.3.0 ? mine is 3.0.1 and I can't find a newer upgrade?

• Jeremy_NI

@Theo van de Ven Current version of Native Access is 3.0.1

• Blenderbb
    Blenderbb Member Posts: 7 Member

Hello,

I can't log in with native access (3.0.1) except with the the version 1.14.1 ... Have you got a solution please to I can use the version 3.0.1 ?

Thanks !

• DJ Philtr3
    DJ Philtr3 Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi @Jeremy_NI , i updated when prompted only to find out afterwards that this version won't work as i'm on OSX 10.13.6. Not sure why i was prompted this being the case but what do i do to go back to the previous version that's compatible with my OS? Thanks!

• Jeremy_NI

@Blenderbb I'm afraid there is no solution at the moment in your case, you already contacted our support as I see. Hopefully the problem will be fixed in a future update.

• Jeremy_NI

@DJ Philtr3 Here you can find legacy installers for Native Access: Native Access 1 Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems

• Blenderbb
    Blenderbb Member Posts: 7 Member

Thanks I've already Native access 1 ; I had actually contacted your support for version 2 and I was hoping that the problem was resolved with version 3 .... But have you an idea of what causes this bug (so I can watch with my setup ...) ?

• mdap
    mdap Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2022

I have also Native Access 2 and no bug fix is working. It's always the same message "Please grant permission to Native Access to install dependencies"

I tried this work around but its still not working:

I run the sh script and restart my computer. Then I run the pkg installer and restart again. Still not working.

But now I have an autostart item in my autostart entry: Its called NTKDaemon and it wasnt there before I was running this workaround.

If I had known this before I would never had installed native access 2! I can't believe that Native Instruments put this software to download with all this issues!?!

I have 2 questions now:

• What was this sh script exactly doing?
    • How can I deinstall the "NTKDaemon Installer Mac" which you have to install after the sh script?

@Jeremy_NI : Can you please tell us what to do to deinstall all that again? Or is this still correct if this is running?

Thank you!

• Jeremy_NI

Unfortunately I don't, I just know the Native Access team is working on a solution for this and they didn't find one that would fix the issue for everyone.