Trouble installing libraries onto hard drive on a mac M1

bigplumpwhale
bigplumpwhale Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello, was wondering if you could help me with the following issue I'm facing when downloading libraries onto my Samsung T7 hard drive on a M1?

• I set my Download Location and Content Location to my T7 hard drive - is this the right path if I want to access all my libraries from the hard drive?
  • Application location - set to my desktop - is this the right path?

There are a few libraries that successfully installed to my hard drive, but a few that keep running into errors. Example below:

Thanks so much in advance!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

The application location needs to stay the default one, like for all your other programs on your computer.

The download location and the content location can't be the exact same folder. Use one folder for Download and another folder for Content.

Please follow this article: How to Change the Install Locations in Native Access

Answers

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 147 Advisor

How I've been doing, and works for me (also on an M1): only change the content location to your external drive.

I think you make your life much easier to never change the application location.

The only thing that eats drive space are the sample libraries (the content), the VST itself is never very big, and what is downloaded in the download location gets deleted automatically once the install is finished.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

The application location needs to stay the default one, like for all your other programs on your computer.

The download location and the content location can't be the exact same folder. Use one folder for Download and another folder for Content.

Please follow this article: How to Change the Install Locations in Native Access