Need to go back to 2.15.2

Mudchild
Mudchild Member Posts: 14 Member

Naively I updated to 2.16 and it's thrown me into total plug-in chaos. Not worth it! I'd like to go back... can I reinstall 2.15.2? It doesn't appear to be available here

Thanks

Comments

• toneyrome
    toneyrome Member Posts: 31 Helper
    edited October 2022

If you're on a Mac you can just open Maschine using Rosetta until you get things sorted.

• Mudchild
    Mudchild Member Posts: 14 Member

Ah yes of course! Done that now... So please remind me, that means Maschine is not running natively on Silicon right - there's some kind of layer of code translating it or something? And now I can see all the VST3s are showing up as 'wrapped' - would someone mind briefly summarising the effect of all this?

Many thanks

• Withuntheflux
    Withuntheflux Member Posts: 4 Member

Damn! I was excited to make use of native M1 support. But dozens of my plugins (all Arturia, for example) don't automatically load with their VST3 counterpart. So none of my sessions are compatible. Is this how it's going to be moving forward?! Is there no way for the plugins to load as VST with all settings loaded properly?

The message I get when opening all previous sessions is:

"Project Plug-ins not migrated" "Please be aware that VST2 is not supported on native apple silicon, except when run in Rosetta 2 mode. We encountered an error auto-migrating the VST2 plug-ins to a compatible VST3. Please contact the plugin manufacturer for more information."

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited October 2022

It's the typical NI shenanigans:

You can use Maschine Natively now but tons of NI products aren't native yet (not to mention from 3rd party), so... you pick between Rosetta 2 where all your stuff should work fine, or pick Native silicon to get more performance but have half your stuff not working. 😐 Rosseta slows things a bit but it's pretty darn efficient, shouldn't be an issue unless your projects are all hitting the CPU to its limit.

Regardless both modes support VST3 now.

Using Rosett 2 mode?

Nothing changes compared to the previous version, it already had to run in Rosseta 2.

• Withuntheflux
    Withuntheflux Member Posts: 4 Member

Thanks D-One. Good to know that I'm not forced to choose between VST3 or an older version of Maschine. That said, I actually am running into CPU issues and would love to have M1 support (I have the M1 Max Macbook and STILL having CPU issues). Worth noting that all of my critical plugins already have Apple silicon support. The issue is that my VSTs and VST2s are not auto-migrating to VST3s. Are we expecting manufacturers (especially big ones like Arturia) to fix that compatibility issue?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

The issue is that my VSTs and VST2s are not auto-migrating to VST3s. Are we expecting manufacturers (especially big ones like Arturia) to fix that compatibility issue?

As understand it Maschine uses the official VST3 migration method but not all other 3rd party devs use it, something to do with parameter ID's... So I think yes, if its broken then the other manufacturer has to enable the migration support.