Komplete Kontrol Apple Silicon User Content not supported

Peter Kilgour
Peter Kilgour Member Posts: 10 Member
edited November 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I've just updated and re -scanned Komplete Kontrol on my Macbook Air M1 and my user libraries aren't detected (I have several 3rd party) .

I get this prompt (with Cherry Audio Dreamsynth for instance):

"Dreamsynth could not be loaded, as it may not support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration"

Any ideas why or what to do?

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,728 mod
    Answer ✓

Only option till Cherry support migration is to run KK in Rosetta

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,728 mod
    Answer ✓

Only option till Cherry support migration is to run KK in Rosetta

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,579 Expert

I will be issuing an update for my libraries in due time which should update the call for the plugin to be a VST3 call not VST2.

However there is nothing I can do to avoid the issue that your old projects using VST2 will not automatically load and use trhe VST3 version. That requires what Kymeika refered to as "Migration" which vendors need to have available as part of their plugin to accept a call from a VST2 pluginID call.

It is likely many will not do this or it will not work how it should, I can update most of my libraries to work with VST3 but that will require libraries to be physically overhauled and users need to download/replace them. In some cases libraries will work with either VST2/3 depending what is installed.

So yeah for now (and even into the future) compatibility is still a bit of a pipe dream.