S-Series Keyboards not compatible with DAW?

Mikey 3000
Mikey 3000 Member Posts: 35 Member
edited November 2022 in Komplete General

When I got my A61 a couple of years ago, I realised that the transport buttons would stop working every week or so and I had to erase all my Logic preferences to get them to start working again.

It was really quite annoying because it meant setting everything up again.

After I upgraded to an S-Series keyboard everything was working and I thought those days were behind me.

For a week.

Now the problem is back. It's even more annoying now because the mixer mode was really good but now the button doesn't even illuminate to make it work.

Has anyone found a workaround for this bug that doesn't involve rebuilding all their templates once a week?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,288 mod

@Mikey 3000 Do you have other MIDI devices connected ? Any other control surfaces ? Do you have any setting regarding transport or MIDI in Logic ?

• Mikey 3000

There's nothing else connected. The S61 (and the A61 I had before) connect directly to the Mac via USB

The preferences trash themselves at random intervals, but approximately once every 2 or three sessions.

The only way around it is to kill Logic's settings and start as if I were using the keyboard for the first time. Not exactly life threatening but a real inspiration-killer.

• Jeremy_NI

@Mikey 3000 Preferences trash themselves ??? That is very unlikely, there might be some permission problems on your system. Does Logic and Komplete Kontrol have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS What is your operating system?

• Jeremy_NI

@Mikey 3000 Do you still need help on this one?

• Mikey 3000

Yes, I would still like some help if that's possible.

I had this problem on my old Intel MacBook Pro and it persists with my M1 MBP despite everything being a fresh install.

If I scrub the prefs and restart, the transport controls work exactly as advertised, everything great.

After a week or two, the Logic .cs prefs will spontaneously rewrite themselves, and then pressing play or record or whatever will just play a note on whatever midi device is currently focused.

As this problem exists in the space where two manufacturers meet, I accept it's going to be hard to fix.

One of the first things I tried, when this problem originally came up, is enable full disk access for Logic & the NI stuff. No dice.

• Jaheid19
    Jaheid19 Member Posts: 36 Member

Im here for the solution when solved

• Jeremy_NI

@Jaheid19 Do you experience the same exact issue?

• Jeremy_NI

@Mikey 3000 I contacted you bu email regarding this issue.

• Jeremy_NI

@Mikey 3000 You didn't reply to the email, did you receive it? Maybe check your spam box if not.

• Jeremy_NI

You never got back to us. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

This discussion has been closed.