Yamaha DTX Pro trigger midi notes in Kontakt : missing notes

saru_110
saru_110 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi everyone

I have just started using Kontakt player after purchasing Tympo

I am triggering Kontakt player using my Yamaha DTX Pro kit but when I play fast fills it misses lots of hits and no sound is registered. It only does it on faster drum rolls but it is there any way to fix this please?

Thanks in advance

Osca

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,037 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you could try to use a midi monitor program like midiox to see what's going on. I saw in the manual of the module that you can set a minimum velocity and also set the gate time (time from note on to note off) maybe playing with both parameters can help.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you could try to use a midi monitor program like midiox to see what's going on. I saw in the manual of the module that you can set a minimum velocity and also set the gate time (time from note on to note off) maybe playing with both parameters can help.

• saru_110

Thank you so much. I will try that ;)

I`ve never had any trouble triggering notes directly in Ableton, only when using Kontakt...don't know why

• Uwe303

Can you maybe record a midi file, then i can try a bit if i have time and tell me what library you use. It should be no polyphonie issue cause next trigger should stop the old sound of course. You can also try to increase the pre load buffer in kontakt settings.

• saru_110

Thanks again

Because I had never had an issue in Ableton before I didn't think the gate time was an issue, but after I dropped it from 0.3 to 0.1 seconds it fixed the problem in Kontakt

Thank you so much for your help and advice. I really appreciate it ;)