Maschine Jam in vapor gray

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

You do not need any special SW for using Jam.

You may use it with M+ standalone, M+ supports Jam, no SW needed. And to use it with PC, it is good to have licence for Maschine 2 and Komplete Select. The both come with M+, I guess, so no need for SW that comes with Jam, one should alredy own it.

And, there is another thing. NI for most of HW does leave SW at account of seller and gives a new one to a new owner. So, there is probably no reason not to sell Jam with the SW. The both seller and buyer should have a copy at the end... And buyer should get the current version....

I am not sure if this applies also to Jam, better to check at NI support.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

@Kubrak wrote:

NI for most of HW does leave SW at account of seller and gives a new one to a new owner.

This depends on the model and version of the hardware. Don’t know why, but for Maschine Mk1 and Mk2 the software license must be transferred, while for the Mk3 and Plus a new license is issued for the new owner. Don’t know about the Mikro or Jam.

@Matt_NI or @Jeremy_NI this question should probably be answeed in an FAQ. I think I’ve seen it now for the third time in two days.

• Kubrak
    edited February 2022

Yes, I know it does not apply to all HW. It should apply to newer HW, but what is newer and what is older I do not know.

I bought Jam secondhand recently and received also K13S. So, I guess new licence for new owner works for Jam. But no garantie, just my guess.

And it also looks like Maschine 2 is not bundled with Jam, as I mistakingly wrote. Well, I do not know... My first Jam came also with Maschine 2 and second without.. No deal for me, I have three licences anyway....

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin

Yes I was thinking just the same, we need a big license transfer thread explaining everything from A to B. The set-up with the automated supplements does apply to "newer devices" and not some of the older model. I'll get a list and add it the the thread.

In any case, here if you already have another Maschine, you can just use the same software license.

• Kubrak
  • Stormchild
    Stormchild Member Posts: 50 Helper

Seems to me like everyone who has a Jam really likes it. Hope NI is still considering making a mk2 instead of just dropping it.

• Staykool
    Staykool Member Posts: 72 Helper

I wish but I doubt it. I just can't figure out why they won't reissue the KK in vapor gray.

They are sold out all over the world. I just bought the MK3 in vapor gray and I want a KK to match the color. I was told it's not gonna happen.

It seems to me that these are very easy money makers for NI.

Everyone wants all their NI gear to match the 25 year colors and they are willing to pay for it.

Go figure?

• Kubrak
    edited February 2022

Those, who bought Jam as standalone device, not as a suplement to Maschine, probably are not so excited by Jam. I guess that was what killed Jam (in eyes of managers), sort of mismatch between desired target user group and real target group....

Jam is not something like cheaper Push, but it is great expansion of Maschine, or Traktor controllers. But there is no NI support to use Jam with Traktor. Or mappings are done by users....

If one wants to sell, it should ease use at different fields. It looks like, there is unpassable borderline between Maschine and Traktor ecosystems within NI. Instead of using synergy....

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

Yeah, I guess it was marketed the wrong way, which also means that the team at NI themselves basically mistook their product for something it wasn't. Still, when you use it as a kind of hardware expansion it totally transforms the whole Maschine experience (and I can see the potential for doing the same for Traktor users). It's such a shame, really

• Kubrak

It may happen that the product is misplaced.... But, NI could change the marketing target group, when it became obvious, that standalone does not work, while extension unit to Maschine and Traktor Kontrol works pretty well.....

• Eight4aWish
    Eight4aWish Member Posts: 53 Helper
  • Kubrak
    edited February 2022

Custom skin is OK. Why not....

But, one would think, that if NI wants to sell Jam, it provides one or more Jam skins for Traktor... If one wants to sell more and expand user base, there should be also some kind of support for product.

Otherwise it goes EOL without MK2.... And it was so, so that support for Jam was implemented in Maschine+.

EDIT.

I thought you speak about Traktor mappings.... I like the skins. So, the path for waporgrey is open. For those, who cannot live without it.

• Stefancitoe
    Stefancitoe Member Posts: 1 Member

I am thinking the same thing myself. I read in the past it just plugs into an existing installiton no problem like a keyboard but that was long ago.

• Staykool

Yes it does. It's plug and play and I promise you it brings tremendous value to your work flow.

• Staykool

no need to buy software. It works with your existing MK3 software