Massive making Ableton 10 crash when saving a preset on mac os.

makemepies
makemepies Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Massive X & Synths

Has anyone else experienced this? Every other time I try to save a preset in massive it freezes on the save prompt and i have to force quit ableton.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,554 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @makemepies does that happen in a standalone version of Massive as well?

Not sure what's your OS, but if it's Windows, pls make sure to run Massive and your DAW as administrator. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,554 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @makemepies does that happen in a standalone version of Massive as well?

Not sure what's your OS, but if it's Windows, pls make sure to run Massive and your DAW as administrator. Keep us updated on how it goes.

• ColinMuir
    ColinMuir Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Just started experiencing this myself. On MacOS as well, running catalina on an intel build. This has been infinitely frustrating to deal with. Sometimes saving is fine, and other times it just won't do it.

• fireapplered
    fireapplered Member Posts: 12 Member

I came to report this as well. Took advantage of the recent bundle deal for Massive and have just started using it last night. Massive crashes in standalone and in both Bitwig and Ableton when trying to save a sound. I'm also on Catalina.

NI please advise for Mac OS.

• giladzvi
    giladzvi Member Posts: 1 Member

Same issue here

• PConceptions
    PConceptions Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022

I'm experiencing this issue as well in Presonus Studio One v6.0. I have a clean file with only one track which is the instrument track containing Massive. I have no recorded content in the song file and Massive is the only VST that exists in the working file. I've simply created the track, opened Massive, customized the sound, and attempted to save the customized sound to my desktop. The result is a frozen save window that doesn't save the file and cannot be exited, closed, or backed out of. The only way to get out of it is to Force Quit Studio One and reopen the file and try saving in a different file location.

• plukk
    plukk Member Posts: 2 Member

Same here, 10.15.7, MBP 2019, Massive 1.5.11, Live 10

Is there any update on this?

• sidsdishes
    sidsdishes Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Im having the same issue