Creating a nks template for Martin Lüders PG-8X v2

trusampler
trusampler Member Posts: 72 Helper
edited October 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

So I've followed along with every tutorial I can find on youtube regarding how to make images for Martin Lüders PG-8X v2, but every time I try re scanning my library , the image will not appear in maschine or komplete kontrol.

Can anyone check the files I have to see what the issue is? These are just the dist_database + image files I'm uploading to see if there's someone here who can help me understand if I'm missing something. Thanks in advance!

Here's his VST https://sites.google.com/site/mlvst0/

Best Answer

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,713 mod
    edited October 2022

Hi usually the vendor name is different from the plugin name - have a look at how it shows in KK edit menu under properties and copy that exactly. You have got all the images inside the folder with the plugin name, but that folder needs to go into 'images' inside a folder with the vendor name so it would be (using Mac path here):

/Users/Shared/NI Resources/image/vendor name/pg-8x (this would be the case even if it turns out plugin name and vendor name are the same

if you are on a 2 screen S series keyboard also keep a copy of the folder with the plugin name in images so /Users/Shared/NI Resources/image/pg-8x but that only needs the thumbnails MST_plugin.png and MST_logo.png

and the same with the dist_database folders (also edit categories.json and the meta files to include the vendor name)

This is why I do it by hand - I don't trust an app to do this - too many decisions involved

• Kymeia

btw I do explain this all in the file in the NKS user library 'info.txt'

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpb5s3g52kjyeil/Info.txt?dl=0

• Kymeia
    edited October 2022

Ok so looking at the plugin on my Mac I can see the vendor is 'MLVST'

So the thumbnails would go in:

/Users/Shared/NI Resources/image/mlvst/pg-8x

and a copy of MST_plugin.png and MST_logo.png would also go in /Users/Shared/NI Resources/image/pg-8x

Same arrangement of folders in dist_database but you need to put the correct vendor name into categories.json and the 2 meta files (although I'm still unsure if the meta files actually do anything useful but categories certainly does)

btw if you want the plugin name text background in KK to be a different colour than the default dark grey you also put a copy of color.json in a folder with the plugin name in dist_database

• trusampler

Thanks Kymeia for checking this out!! Appreciate you

• trusampler

After trying the suggestions, it still doesn't show up. I appreciate the help. Anyone wanna make $10 lol I'll pay for this one, it's one of my most used synths.

• Kymeia
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Hi I fixed it - you had it mostly right but had the 8 and x in the wrong order in a few places and the categories.json syntax wasn't quite right

• trusampler

OMG thank you so much!! Do you have a paypal address I can send you some cash for your help!

• trusampler

That works, perfect!! Thank you so much!

• Kymeia

No it's no problem really

• Kymeia
    edited October 2022

Slight update - there needed to be a dash in the plugin name in the meta files - guess it shows they are probably superfluous anyway ;)

Again this is why I prefer to do this by hand than trust some app

• trusampler

Thank you so much!!