Mashups in Traktor remix decks, switching to other BPM

Surreallistic
Surreallistic Member Posts: 8 Member
edited November 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I have a problem which i cant figure out if is even possible on the Remix Decks. I collected several drumsessions from popsongs. They have different bpm. One is 85 bpm, other is 125. Offcourse i know the sync-function, but….. im making a mashup of songs. So after 1 minute of looping 85 bpm, i want to switch to 125 bpm. I could change the mastertempo, but they should be done manually (as far as im aware) in the software. And that is my problem: i wanna do that within a second. The questions is, HOW? Or am i trying an impossible thing to do? Ableton does have the possibility to switch the mastertempo/bpm in any part of the song…. But i wanna do it with my F1’s or S4mk3 in Traktor. Im a (bedroom)DJ, not a producer….

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Add In --> Master Clock --> Set Master Tempo mapped to pads would be the way to go.

Or, sice you are workig with two different BPM you can have the Cell Sync enabled on say your cells with lower BPM and then disable the same feature on ones you are transiting to.

Answers

• Stevan

With Cell Sync disabled each sample should play at it's original BPM if tempo fader is set to 0. Are you saying it doesn't work?

• Surreallistic

That works fine, but isnt the answer to my problem. The cells have different bpm, need to be in sync, but a next group of cells should be synced into a higher bom. Just like a song that goes from 80 to 120 bpm after a breakdown. But i only wanna use the remix deck

• Stevan
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Add In --> Master Clock --> Set Master Tempo mapped to pads would be the way to go.

Or, sice you are workig with two different BPM you can have the Cell Sync enabled on say your cells with lower BPM and then disable the same feature on ones you are transiting to.

• Surreallistic

Neber thought of that, especially the last option youve mentioned. Will try that. Think we might have a winner ! Thanks in advance

• Stevan

No worries! hope that works for you. And don't forget to post your mashup here once all is set!

• Surreallistic

I dont think its the exact answer for the issue, tried it and i keep struggling partly with it. Mostly due to the samples themselves, because it are vocals and drums, basslines etc from different songs. I didnt warp them in Ableton, i simply dont have that program.

and also, to what setting should i set the quantize for the remix deck?