Native Instruments - NKS image tool - creator

trusampler
trusampler Member Posts: 72 Helper
edited October 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi,

Is there any sort of tool that Native Instruments / Or a 3rd Party Tool, anyone has put out yet for making 3rd party NKS images for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine any easier?

I'm not a fan of re-creating NKS / via photoshop from scratch each time I want to use an Instrument or Sample , Loop etc..

I know this has been requested a bazillion times from everyone here, so I'm just wondering if there's been any progress made so far, thanks. It's been about 10 years or so since this softwares been out, just curious if anythings gotten any better since then..

By now, wouldn't it be much easier to just drag and drop and image that you'd like to use ?

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert

tbh I only do it for plugins but I do it by hand as I like to use different images or crops for the different icon types - however if you are using Photoshop can you not setup a batch script for the resizing at least?

• trusampler

I'm sure there's a way, it just be nice by now to have a slicker option. Thanks for the reply.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    edited October 2022

Nope, you need to use photoshop or some kind of editor anyway no matter what kind of tool was created unless you want some kind of automated image generator or something which may make questionable images.

Basically just setup a default collection of images and whenever you want to make an image set, copy the bundle and slap some images down. If you are using Photoshop and want everything to look identical you could always setup some layers and filters to make it easier then as Kymeia suggested, batch it all together, would take a few minutes really.

• trusampler

Thanks for the reply.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited October 2022

I have also created templates for the text based thumbnails in Affinity Designer