Adding Different Filters to FX1 / FX2 Knobs for Kontrol S2 on Traktor Pro 3

kevinn44
kevinn44 Member Posts: 10 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

So I want to have different filters for each of the 3 knobs on the FX1 and FX2.

Similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBVVAKCqC_M

For example.... have Knob 1 be Reverb, Knob 2 be Beatmasher, Knob 3 be Time Gater

Best Answers

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro
    Answer ✓

Go to preferences and change FX mode to Group. Then load each filter (from the FX drop down) into a single FX slot in the group FX panel.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

I believe that you are trying to select different Mixer effects (Filter + 4 other slots) with a turn of a knob (FX 1-2-3) which is possible but little more complicated.

Easier method would be mapping your FX Buttons 1-2-3 to activate + insert your Mixer Effects. You can try the following:

1- Add Selector commands first, MIDI Learn it to a Knob and assign it to a Deck. The tutorial you provided teaches you well on how basic mapping works. Kudos for that dude.

What you need is three commands for each Deck assigned to FX Knobs 1-2-3. In next step you will select the specific effect for each command.

2 - Click on value menu and select the effect from the list.

I had the same idea actually and made something similar for Midifighter Twister mapping and it turned out perfectly.

I also have S2 MK2 btw. My Fx knobs are mapped to Key - Pan - Gain - Filter and have it simettrically on the other side of the conntroller for other Deck. The actual Gain encoder is mapped to scroll Mixer Effects and I'm using Jog Wheel for the effects. I still have more fun with my 10 years old S2 Mk2 than with S4 MK3 because the Jogwheel overmapping is not implemented (not even the MIDI mode). Such a shame for that great hardware.

Luckily, the MK2 was and still is good controller. Generally all NI hardware is.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

do you mean you want to have a switch to toggle through the different filter FX? Can you pls explain it a bit more in detail.

• kevinn44

No, ideally each Knob would be its own preselected filter so if I want to turn on Reverb I would just twist FX Knob 1 (For the track on deck A) or if I want to add Beatmasher filter I would youse FX Knob 2

Or perhaps even use two filters at the same time - which might not be possible

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro
    Answer ✓

Go to preferences and change FX mode to Group. Then load each filter (from the FX drop down) into a single FX slot in the group FX panel.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    edited October 2022

There is a dropdown menu (see left) directly on the main interface. When you select Group it will look like the right side (FX2).

• kevinn44

So here is what I have and nothing happens when I turn the knobs

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    edited October 2022

FX Unit needs to be assigned to a deck. In this case (picture) i have assigned FX Unit 2 to deck B.

The S2 has toggles for that just underneath the deck's GAIN knob.

EDIT: It's always a good idea to study the manual, even though finding it is not apparent. Here is the manuals page: LINK

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

I believe that you are trying to select different Mixer effects (Filter + 4 other slots) with a turn of a knob (FX 1-2-3) which is possible but little more complicated.

Easier method would be mapping your FX Buttons 1-2-3 to activate + insert your Mixer Effects. You can try the following:

1- Add Selector commands first, MIDI Learn it to a Knob and assign it to a Deck. The tutorial you provided teaches you well on how basic mapping works. Kudos for that dude.

What you need is three commands for each Deck assigned to FX Knobs 1-2-3. In next step you will select the specific effect for each command.

2 - Click on value menu and select the effect from the list.

I had the same idea actually and made something similar for Midifighter Twister mapping and it turned out perfectly.

I also have S2 MK2 btw. My Fx knobs are mapped to Key - Pan - Gain - Filter and have it simettrically on the other side of the conntroller for other Deck. The actual Gain encoder is mapped to scroll Mixer Effects and I'm using Jog Wheel for the effects. I still have more fun with my 10 years old S2 Mk2 than with S4 MK3 because the Jogwheel overmapping is not implemented (not even the MIDI mode). Such a shame for that great hardware.

Luckily, the MK2 was and still is good controller. Generally all NI hardware is.