Beatport or Beatsource better for grabbing songs from Spotify via Tunemymusic.com

Has anyone experimented? Sometimes when I transfer a playlist, it completely misidentifies a bunch of songs... Wondering if Beatport or Beatsource is more accurate?

Tagged:

Comments

• gkmarino007
    gkmarino007 Member Posts: 1 Member

Its been almost a year since I was trying this, but back then Beatport didnt even have many of the "regular" tracks I was trying to get (i.e. hip hop, reggaton, pop). Beatsource had most of them, but yeah it was wonky because of clean/dirty/accapella confusion. Another DJ app uses Tidal, which is more like Spotify and had smoother transfers, but there were still lots of hiccups and omissions, and Tidal's EDM catalog is far less robust than all of the others. I hope NI works it out with Tidal, because that would be an easier mesh between personal and DJ catalogs for more basic open format gigs.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

all Depends on the music you want. If it’s under ground music then beatport if it’s more event music turn beatsource. Beatsource is pretty good for me. Can be hit and miss with some tracks.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

Tidal....still lots of hiccups and omissions

I use TuneMyMusic to convert playlists over from Spotify to Tidal, and (other than the odd missing track) I find it does a good job of recognising things. Sometimes if you manually check, you can find the "missing" track(s) on Tidal.

Spotify has a far greater collection of playlists, due to the sheer number of people using it, so being able to transfer is essential.

• Esmeralda Allen
    Esmeralda Allen Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Of course, everyone has their own taste and preferences in music. But I still prefer Beatport.

• Esmeralda Allen
    Esmeralda Allen Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited March 2023

Today, there are many music streaming platforms, social networks, and music blogs. At the same time, it's very difficult for a young musician to become popular, because the competition in the music industry is huge. I was helped by artistpush.me, which brought my new hit to the top in five days.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

All depends what genre you’re transferring. If solely underground house music, techno etc then Beatport but if more event/party vibes then beatsource.