Komplete Kontrol browser window disappeared in cubase 12?

Kasper_EN
Kasper_EN Member Posts: 6 Member

Komplete Kontrol browser window disappeared in cubase 12? Other plugins working fine. I can only browse on my keyboard.

Any Suggestions?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @Kasper_EN I got feedback from our devs. They seem to imply it's on Steinberg side, and since you mention it happening for another plug-in, it's definitely the case and you should get in touch with their support.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

can you post a screenshot?

• Jeremy_NI

@k.enevold@gmail.com First of all, it's really not a good idea to give your NI forum user name your email address. Second, we'd need more info or context, or a screenshot as Ed suggested.

• Kasper_EN

Sorry, but it is difficult making screenshot of something missing.

The plugin browser Window for komplete kontrol has dissappeared And does not show itself Even is you press the usual instrument/plugin button likes ex. Maschine og kontakt.

K.

• Kasper_EN

How can I change my profile name, so my e-mail is left out? I have tried to edit my profile, but theres is no option to change or delete the profile name.

• Jeremy_NI

You should be able to go to your profile and edit it. If it's not possible for you, let me know what name you'd like to use and I'll change it.

We would need a screenshot showcasing the absence of the plug-in's window, or maybe make a short video.

• Kasper_EN

Short video showing the problem. It startet when i tried to adjust screen size of the plugin.

I have tried reinstalling without any luck.

K.

• Jeremy_NI

@Kasper_EN Thanks for the video and sorry for the delay. Issue is pretty clear! Are you running Cubase and Komplete Kontrol as admin? How to Run a Program as an Administrator

Does it fix the issue? If not, did you update Komplete Kontrol to 2.8.0 ? Did that have an effect on the issue?

• Kasper_EN

Hi @Jeremy_NI.

I do not think it workedin it self. But it made me try to i change the High DPI settings, which made it possible to get an instance of the browser window. Larger and easier to see.

When I moved it to my second screen and minimized it, then it disapeared and would not reappear unless I change the setting to single monitor use.

If I keep the browser window on my main screen it works OK. It is only an issue with Komplete kontrol. (as administrator and updated), not ex. kontakt 7.

Thanks.

Kasper

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, so to sum it up, the Komplete Kontrol plug-in window disappears if you open it on your second monitor it disappears. What monitors do you use and what graphic card, so we can maybe try and reproduce the issue?

• Kasper_EN

That is right.

I use a Asus geforce GTX960 Strix and one ASUS MG28U and one ASUS PB287Q, both in 4K 200%.

Win 11. CUBASE 12, latest update.

Had the same problem with Helix Native today though. Switching to one monitor brings the browser window back.

Kasper.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @Kasper_EN I got feedback from our devs. They seem to imply it's on Steinberg side, and since you mention it happening for another plug-in, it's definitely the case and you should get in touch with their support.