Turntables do not work as live deck on S8

Elio
Elio Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited October 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hey, I have an issue with my Traktor Kontrol S8. For some reason my external turntable only works in dorect thru mode but not as a live deck. I‘m on Traktor Scratch Pro 3.

When the deck is set to live deck I’m getting no audio and also no visual feedback on the levels. However when switched to direct thru everything works fine.

Has anyone experienced this before and knows what the issue is here or even how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

what do your audio settings look like for input?

• Elio

Hey thanks for your reply. I thought this ticket was already closed as I replied the problem was solved already.

cheers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Ok i didn't know it but then we can close this, maybe you can tell what the problem was before I close it, so maybe someone else can learn how to solve it.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Probably just an Internal mixer setting. Not sure what else it could be the issue. Never had this problems with my S8.

• Elio

Hey just realized this is the community and not the ticket. lol

The issue was a setting on Mac when first opening Traktor after reinstall Mac asked for permission for Traktor to get access to the microphone. Apparently I must have skipped this pop up. Not giving Traktor permission to the microphone leads to Traktor not getting any incoming audio at all, even via the controller as it seems all audio inputs are considered a microphone for Mac.

For everyone facing this issue. This can fixed by going into System Preferences, Privacy and Security, Privacy settings, Microphone, check Traktor.