SHIFT + STOP Combo or double press STOP to go to the start.

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited October 2022

Sorry @tribepop i missed your post somehow.

There's no decompiling required on MacOS, all the code is exposed for the HW scripts. Only in windows you need to use something like resource hacker to access Lua files but this isn't like building from source, it's more of an 'edit some files and recompile' kind of deal, much simpler.

Yes, if you have actual dev skills doing this and messing with Lua should be very easy.

• wadeo
    wadeo Member Posts: 3 Member

Did this work for everyone else? I’ve downloaded the file and unzipped it then replaced the original file with it but no luck with it working. This is on a Mac running Catalina with maschine mk3 not running in a host daw. Thanks for posting this anyway and hope others had some luck!

• D-One

That's odd, I tried on multiple computers. WHat happens when you press Shift+Stop? nothing?

• wadeo

No mate no change from what normally dose. I’m not really computer savvy but it’s pretty straightforward, I’ll have another Iook at it today. I swapped the folders in AU and vst then tried a restart, still no luck.

• D-One
    edited February 2023

AU and VST? This is only for the Maschine application.

I haven't tested in Maschine Plugin, I don't see the point since Maschine-Plugin is not in charge of the playhead when hosted in a DAW.

• wadeo

Hi D-One, I just had a chance to look at it again and I see where I went wrong, I swapped the file out for the plug in...

Works great, you're a legend for posting this!

• rcmusic35
    rcmusic35 Member Posts: 17 Helper

Nice one. Not at home, is this different than pressing restart button??

• D-One
    edited March 2023

No prob, thanks! I'm very happy to see that at least 1 person tried it and confirmed it works fine.

Of course, what would be the point otherwise? It brings the playhead to the start but does not start playing.

• rcmusic35
    rcmusic35 Member Posts: 17 Helper

The point would be for the sake of hackng;-)) sorry for my stupid question. Will do it in a few days.

• LordJ
    LordJ Member Posts: 8 Member

Good job @D-One.

Again a trick to NI add in Maschine and Maschine+...

• D-One

For anyone on MacOS: You can easily apply this mod with NIPatcher.

While I was working on it better, Instead of Shift+Stop it now works by just pressing STOP 2x, as all DAW's do, so it's a familiar way of working.

function TransportSection:onStop(Pressed)

if Pressed and MaschineHelper.isPlaying() then
       NI.DATA.TransportAccess.togglePlay(App)
      else
       if Pressed and not MaschineHelper.isPlaying() then
         NI.DATA.TransportAccess.restartTransport(App)
         NI.DATA.TransportAccess.togglePlay(App)
       end

end

end

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

What about hacking TS Edit (Shift+F) on Mascchine Jam. Or, if possible All A-D with Shift on Maschine and Jam...

I do not have idea, what it should do, but just asking, if it is possible at all...

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Just reading through the code… I’d assume the second Stop to start the playback again, therefore a double Stop would during playback would restart the track from the beginning.

To me the Stop button starting the track feels wrong, regardless of the status before hitting Stop.

• D-One
    edited March 2023

No... Stop doesn't start playback at all.

With the Mod Stop during playback is normal, it stops the playback... But if Playback is already stopped then it "restarts" and stops again really fast, resulting in bringing the playhead to the beginning of the Scene/Section/Song, thus "double press". The whole point of the mod is to bring the familiar transport behavior of all other applications to Maschine, not to turn Stop into a "Play."

What is probably confusing you while reading the code is togglePlay

Because Maschine SW does not have an actual Stop function internally the Play button both plays and stops, depending on if the project is stopped or playing, so when you read togglePlay it can be either mean Stop or a Play.

Basically, there is no toggleStop.

• D-One

I dont have a Jam so no idea what TS edit does.

Using SHIFT + A-D to trigger existing functions should be very doable, even modified functions if not too complicated.