Maschine crashes if mac M1 goes to sleep

Impermanence
Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor
edited October 2022 in Maschine

It happens every time. If My Macbook air M1 goes to sleep, Maschine crashes. Too much gigabytes or something like that. Is it only me? Can something be done?

Everything is up to date and problem has been there for long time.

Other that that, the stability has been quite ok lately.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Impermanence Maschine 2.16 was just released. You should be able to download it and install it, it's also compatible with MacOS 13 (Ventura).

I'm not sure it will fix your crashes, please note that we advise not to use sleep mode when using our software and hardware, you can find more informations here: Mac Tuning Tips for Audio Processing

Answers

• Jakob Zimmermann
    Jakob Zimmermann Member Posts: 7 Member

my Maschine on m1 crashes when it goes to sleep for a couple hours. does your machine crash instantly when m1 goes to sleep?

• Impermanence

I think It takes some time. I haven’t tested, but I will try out.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited October 2022

Maschine is not yet natively M1 compatible. Did you try to open it with Rosetta?

• Jeremy_NI

@Impermanence @Jakob Zimmermann Maschine should work even on a M1 Mac and no similar crashes were reported (AFAIK). What device are we talking about exactly ? Maschine MK3 ? Is it a M1, M1 Max, M1 Pro ?

• Impermanence

It is Macbook Air M1. Maschine Mk3, S49 mk1, Jam. I’m not sure if it is in Rosetta mode. An option to choose Rosetta mode is not there. It just isn’t there. I can see the tickbox in Logic Pro for example, but not in Maschine 2. So how should I know?

I just updated to Ventura. Let’s see how things roll.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Impermanence Maschine 2.16 was just released. You should be able to download it and install it, it's also compatible with MacOS 13 (Ventura).

I'm not sure it will fix your crashes, please note that we advise not to use sleep mode when using our software and hardware, you can find more informations here: Mac Tuning Tips for Audio Processing

• Sander
    Sander Member Posts: 2 Member

I have the same problem!

It really shoud not happen, despite NI's advice.

Maschine2 uses up until 49Gb, while my Mac (M1 pro) only has 16

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

@Sander

Maschine2 uses up until 49Gb, while my Mac (M1 pro) only has 16

Using too much RAM and going to sleep may be the source of problem. How much free space on system disc do you have? Maybe not enought.

And beside that using intensively 49GB of virtual memory with 16GB of physical RAM is asking for problems. Sooner or later. I would be scared that SSD dies sooner than later.

• BigPictureSound
    BigPictureSound Member Posts: 47 Member

I have an intel mac running ventura, but same problem on previous macos version.

I have to always close Maschine or else I come back CPU is pegged, fans whirring full throttle, and Maschine hangs. Takes about 8-10 hours of the computer being idle before it happens.

It must be something to donwith plugins.