Cannot set favourites in Komplete

sevdahbaby
sevdahbaby Member Posts: 27 Member

Just like that, I found out that I cannot set favourite presets in Komplete, not in software by clicking on the star next to a preset, not from S61 mk2 keyboard... any ideas?

Generally my database behaves pretty strangely since I migrated my system to M1 Pro, almost a year ago; every now and then something starts behaving strangely... :/

Tagged:

Best Answer

• sevdahbaby
    Answer ✓

Hey gitpush,

In the end I digged some old version of favourites.db from Time Machine, and it is working normally now. It seems that the latest update of KK crashed favourites.db, since that happened to some other users too.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

on my computer everthing works as expected, what version do you use on what os?

• sevdahbaby

Hello,

I am using Komplete Kontrol version 2.7.2 (R2) on MacOS Monterey 12.6 (21G115).

Maybe I should mention that I recently successfuly reinstalled The Grandeur library following instructions from a fellow community member: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/36204#Comment_36204

Maybe I did something wrong in the process which messed with the database, favourites?

• sevdahbaby
    edited October 2022

In a reply to myself :)

I found an old reddit post with a workaround for a similar problem with the data base:

Navigate to :

Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Shared

Put the "favorites.db" file to trash

(Note: Since Mac OS 10.7 (Lion), the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu.)

then to :

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

Delete all xml files except the one for Native Access and all non NI plug ins

Open Native access.

And finally to :

Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > put the NI Resource file to trash.

My favourites marking works again as expected, but in the process I lost all my favourites, probably while deleting favourites.db...

Still dunno what to do...

• gitpush
    gitpush Member Posts: 2 Member

I suspect that there may be a limit in how many favorites you can have before the feature locks up the database. I suggest backing up the file regularly.

• sevdahbaby
    Answer ✓

Hey gitpush,

In the end I digged some old version of favourites.db from Time Machine, and it is working normally now. It seems that the latest update of KK crashed favourites.db, since that happened to some other users too.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,287 mod

@sevdahbaby Using Time Machine or cloning software can cause this kind of issues, as explained in this article: My Native Instruments Product does not work after using Migration Assistant / Time Machine / Carbon Copy Cloner (Mac OS)

Also double check that Komplete Kontrol and Maschine have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• sevdahbaby

Well, I did use Migration Assistant a year ago when setting up this M1 Pro Macbook, had a lot of strange behaviour throughout this whole period, but nothing with KK favourites. I’ll see, this older version of favourites.db seems to be working now.

Thanks everyone for help! 🙌🏻