CPU spikes and audio dropouts with Traktor 3.6.1

Fotis Leon
Fotis Leon Member Posts: 59 Helper
edited November 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I had an old Lenovo laptop... It was about time to change it, cause i had problems with 3.6.1

And now i bought this monster...

Asus ROG Strix Scar G17

Intel® Core™ i9-12950HX 5.0 GHz

32GB DDR5 4800MHz

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6 

2x 1TB M.2 NVMe™ PCIe® 4.0 SSD

17,3” WQHD (2560 x 1440) 240Hz

Wi-Fi 6Ε / Windows 11 Pro

And still having CPU spikes and Audio Dropouts... With this CPU...

Yes i did everything. EVERYTHING.

I know every tweak in Windows and Traktor...|

Been almost 2 months... I want to give up on Traktor after 10 years...

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Fotis Leon
    Answer ✓

Ok. The community answer a little bit slow, developers do stuff slower.

Well, after a lot of research i found it out. I want to tell you about this, because maybe someone else has the same problem.

Latencymon showed that nvidia drivers had the problems. Did everything, didnt change. Still got spikes on Traktor.

The problem was the Intel Ethernet driver. Was showing that i had the latest drivers, but manually looking into it, i hadnt.

Downloaded and installed the latest one and latency/spikes cutted in half.

I disable the Ethernet (realtek gaming family controller) cause i dont use it, and Latencymon + Traktor, runned so smoothly.

So if anyone has similar kind of problem, look out for your Ethernet drivers! Cheers.

Answers

• Fotis Leon
    Answer ✓

Ok. The community answer a little bit slow, developers do stuff slower.

Well, after a lot of research i found it out. I want to tell you about this, because maybe someone else has the same problem.

Latencymon showed that nvidia drivers had the problems. Did everything, didnt change. Still got spikes on Traktor.

The problem was the Intel Ethernet driver. Was showing that i had the latest drivers, but manually looking into it, i hadnt.

Downloaded and installed the latest one and latency/spikes cutted in half.

I disable the Ethernet (realtek gaming family controller) cause i dont use it, and Latencymon + Traktor, runned so smoothly.

So if anyone has similar kind of problem, look out for your Ethernet drivers! Cheers.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,570 admin

Thanks for the tips @Fotis Leon!