FIXED: Kontakt/Maschine can't read files from external Drive - M1 Mac

simulacra
simulacra Member Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2022 in Komplete General

I recently switched to an M1 Mac which is likely part of the issue.

Kontakt will load the library from an external drive but will not see the files/instruments in that library. If the library is loaded from an external drive , it appears on KONTAKT but beneath the broswer image it says BROWSE (where it should say INSTRUMENTS). The only options under BROWSE are Hide Library or Show containing Folder. If i move the same library to my system hard drive, it works fine and shows INSTRUMENT beneath the image in the browser and everything works correctly.

Maschine has the same issues with Expansions, they have to been my system drive to show up.

I have granted all NI apps full disk access in system preferences.

Also tried running KONTAKT with and without Rosetta enabled.

So something is not right between the NI apps and the external drive. Any advice?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• simulacra
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

I FIXED THIS. I had to add KOMPLETE KONTROL to all disk access and i re-added Native Access which I may have updated since initially given it full disk access. I will leave this up in case anyone else is having this problem.

Answers

• simulacra
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

I FIXED THIS. I had to add KOMPLETE KONTROL to all disk access and i re-added Native Access which I may have updated since initially given it full disk access. I will leave this up in case anyone else is having this problem.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Thanks for sharing @simulacra!

• Mads1968
    Mads1968 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

@simulacra I also recently switched to a Mac M1 laptop and when loading kontakt player, I cant access my external harddrives (glyph and WD passport). They show up in Kontakt files menu but I cant click to enter the content. Could it be same problem - same solution?

• simulacra

I think it's highly likely!

• Mads1968
    Mads1968 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

It fixed the problem :-)

• PSW
    PSW Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

simulacra THANK YOU! This fixed my problem!