Kontakt 7 Crackling and Popping

Larry R.
Larry R. Member Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

I know it's still new, but just an observation. I don't have it in Kontakt 6, nor do I have it in other VSTs (Keyscape, Arturia. etc.) I've changed my Focusrite settings to 44.1k @1024 and I still get it. Like I said, it's only in Kontakt 7. Also, I have 13 Ultimate, but I don't think that is a factor.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,602 mod

Hey @Larry R. Could you give more details ? Is this happening in Kontakt in standalone ? In your DAW ? Both ? What DAW is it ? Does it happen with all libraries ? What is your operating system & specs ? Did you install the Kontakt libraries on an external hard drive ? What format is that drive ?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

Can you please compare how the multicore option (Options->Engine) is set in Kontakt 6 vs Kontakt 7 for you?

• Larry R.

Hey thanks for replying and please excuse the late response.

• Using Kontakt 7 as a plug-in and standalone
    • All libraries big and small
    • Win 11, Ryzen 7 5700G @4.3
    • Internal SSD is where my content is stored

• Larry R.

Hey thanks for response! I have 16 cores selected for both. Should I change it? I'm going to in the meantime to see if that makes a difference

• Larry R.

I take back my initial statement, it seems to happen in Arturia too, but more often in Kontakt. I will hit up Focusrite also

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,602 mod

Hey @Larry R. If it's not just for Kontakt 7, then maybe this article will help: Windows Tuning Tips for Audio Processing

• Larry R.
    Answer ✓

Thank you for replying. I later found out it wasn't just NI products, but almost anything with audio. You may want to pin this or add it as solution. I have a RT 6700XT GPU on an Asus motherboard, I had to change the PCI16 setting from "Auto" to "Gen. 2". I don' know why it worked, but it did. Also, it didn't affect the performance of the GPU. Thanks again!

• addpattern
    addpattern Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I also got those cracklings.

System: Windows10, I9-14900K, FLStudio 21.2

they only appear on some presets / Instruments

On ''Action Strikes- Big Hits'' i discovered that turning off the internal Kontakt reverb unit removes any crackling...

Other than that i did not find a solution yet to get rid of those.