Can't re-install Native Access apps & content

Derigar
Derigar Member Posts: 4 Member

So after a hiatus of 2 years making music, I tried to work on my songs again but soon discovered that all my NI apps and libraries were outdated. Not a big deal, I'll just (re-)install whatever is required. However, when I tried to do that, none of the installations ended up working at all.

I install my NI data on an external drive on my macbook, because I don't have the space on my drive itself. Yet, everytime I select the drive for installation, NI Access tells me "Installation failed" without giving further information? Can anyone at all help me here, please?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Hm, first take a look in your account. Are your serial numbers okay? Do you change during the last 2 years your email account? At last open a ticket at support. The link is here upper right corner at the top of this page.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@Derigar the applications, like Komplete Kontrol here should be on the system's drive. For the content, you can put it on an external hard drive. What format is that drive? It should be APFS: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

• Derigar

Sorry for my late answer! These are my current options, any suggestions?

Thank you so much for all the help by the way.

• Derigar

It is just very confusing, because Komplete Kontrol is installed (and a few other programmes), but then stuff like Massive or Monark refuses to install.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Derigar You put the same exact location for Downloads and Content. This can't work. Make sure there are no unwanted installer files in this folder, these are causing your issues. The Download and Content location must have separate folders. Please read this article carefully: How to Change the Install Locations in Native Access

• Derigar

Thanks for the reply. I tried it again today, and I read the article carefully. As a result, I placed my download location in my "users" folder, but this resulted in the programs still giving an error.

And here a picture of the error. So I have no idea what I'm doing wrong with my download location. Isn't it supposed to be [macOS: Macintosh HD > Users > *Username*] just like the article is saying?

• Jeremy_NI

Your locations seem correct, what programs give you an error? Can you please post a screenshot of the error message you get ?