Soundcloud copywrite claim issue

IQMusic
IQMusic Member Posts: 92 Helper
edited October 2022 in Maschine

I mixed down and edited the Ostkreuz project from deepmatter expansion.

When I upload it for personal referencing, It gets deleted as copywriter claim for Tinseltown In The Rain" by The Blue Nile.

Best Answer

• IQMusic
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Update! sorted, successfully won the dispute and the songs are now reinstated back on my profile. I emailed Soundcloud and also I disputed 1 of 4 and they cleared all 4 successfully.

Thank you for helping. The thing is, the song does not sound like “Tinseltown In The Rain" by The Blue Nile“ so it seems to be mistakenly identified by the automated content ID system.

I received a response to my email from Ash at Soundcloud which explained “In a situation like this where copyrighted content has been mistakenly identified, we can review the dispute manually and reinstate your sound. I have taken care of this for you, and your track should be back online within one hour. 

If this happens in the future, please fill out a dispute, as this is the fastest way for us to help get your track back to your profile. You can fill out a dispute at this page: soundcloud.com/settings/disputes“

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

They might do something similar like you (using Ostkeuz project as a base for their track).... And before you. It is questionable if they have a right to claim copyright themselves.... Copyright law is sort of peculiar.

• IQMusic
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Update! sorted, successfully won the dispute and the songs are now reinstated back on my profile. I emailed Soundcloud and also I disputed 1 of 4 and they cleared all 4 successfully.

Thank you for helping. The thing is, the song does not sound like “Tinseltown In The Rain" by The Blue Nile“ so it seems to be mistakenly identified by the automated content ID system.

I received a response to my email from Ash at Soundcloud which explained “In a situation like this where copyrighted content has been mistakenly identified, we can review the dispute manually and reinstate your sound. I have taken care of this for you, and your track should be back online within one hour. 

If this happens in the future, please fill out a dispute, as this is the fastest way for us to help get your track back to your profile. You can fill out a dispute at this page: soundcloud.com/settings/disputes“