Combine two scripting tabs

prodbymary
prodbymary Member Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2022 in Scripting Workshop

Hey guys, I have a problem. For a bass synth I made in Kontakt, I have two scripting tabs. The first one is for legato/portmento/glide (from the presets) and the second one is a mix knob, which controls the level between group 1 and group 2. Everything works fine. But I want to combine both scripts into one tab so there is only one "tab" in the performance view.

Can anyone help me please?

Should I post my two scripts here or is the like an easy code for that?

Thanks a lot,

Mary

Best Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

You paste your knob declaration inside "on init" callback, and paste the "on ui_control" callback of that knob at the end of the script. You cannot have two init callbacks.

• Gablux
    Gablux Member Posts: 71 Member
    Answer ✓

If you create with 5 it will be compatible with 6 and 7

Answers

• EvilDragon

Easiest would probably be to just add your mix knob (and its "on ui_control" callback) to the factory Unisono-Portamento script.

• prodbymary

When I try to do this (just copy and paste it) it doesn’t work. Could you tell me how to do this? Sorry I‘m very new to this. Thank you very much!

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓

You paste your knob declaration inside "on init" callback, and paste the "on ui_control" callback of that knob at the end of the script. You cannot have two init callbacks.

• prodbymary

Thank you so much!!! It works perfectly <3

• prodbymary

One quick question regarding compatibility for my instrument. I know, that when I create my instrument with Kontakt 6, it won’t be compatible with version 5. So, if I create it with Kontakt 5, will it work with Kontakt 6 and 7? Do you guys know something about that?

Thanks and regards!

• Gablux
    Gablux Member Posts: 71 Member
    Answer ✓

If you create with 5 it will be compatible with 6 and 7

• prodbymary

Thank you for your answer!

• corbo-billy
    corbo-billy Member Posts: 83 Helper

But be careful not to perform a Batch Resave from Kontakt 6 or 7 otherwise it's screwed to open it in version 5 ! 😪

• prodbymary

Yeah thank you for the info! :)

Is here anyone with Kontakt 5? I'm not able to download/install it, especially because I have a M1 Mac....and I want to make my Kontakt Instrument compatible for version 5.

• EvilDragon

Then you would have to develop on a different machine that can run K5.

• prodbymary

Hey guys,

I started working on this Kontakt Instrument again.

One question: how do I change the "Time" knob in the portamento section to a slider, so that I can apply my own knob design to it?

Thank you!