Traktor S2 on Win 10?

Orbiuxx
Orbiuxx Member Posts: 27 Member

Hello Natives! I'm having second no doubt about how Kontrol S4 MK1 works with Traktor 2 on Windows 10. I read that this setting does not work. As it is a discontinued equipment and the amount of topics is huge, I wonder if anyone has any tips on this configuration because I have already used Native Access but i have not yet been able to configure the set. Thank!!!

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Have you checked the device manager while the S4 is connected? Ok so we are talking about only the S4, then i understood you wrong cause in the title you wrote S2. Try to uninstall the driver, leave the S4 unconnected!! And install again, after installation you connect the S4. You can also try to delete the device in device manager and if windows asks for deleting the driver also, select yes.

P S. Does it at least work as midi controller?

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

have you tried to install drivers and checked the firmware? Even traktor 3 supports the s2 and you can add it as control device in the traktor settings. It should definately work with win 10 too.

• Orbiuxx

Hi Uwe, thanks for the feedback. I installed the indicated driver but could not find a firmware updater. I believe there is no longer an updater for Kontrol S4 MK1

• Orbiuxx

Its how It appears ...

• Uwe303
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Have you checked the device manager while the S4 is connected? Ok so we are talking about only the S4, then i understood you wrong cause in the title you wrote S2. Try to uninstall the driver, leave the S4 unconnected!! And install again, after installation you connect the S4. You can also try to delete the device in device manager and if windows asks for deleting the driver also, select yes.

P S. Does it at least work as midi controller?

• Orbiuxx
    edited October 2022

Hello Uwe! You're right, I wrote the wrong title, i'm sorry. I believe you gave me a good tip, it seems that the problem is in the USB connection windows 10. I'm going to do the procedures the way you indicated. The S4 MK1 is not being recognized by WIN10, yesterday I checked the error message: "equipment connected to USB was not recognized", so I believe your suggestion. Thank you again!

• Orbiuxx

Goal!!! Match!!!

Thank you so much Uwe,

A big hug from Brazil!

• Uwe303

Cool, you are welcome, now have fun with your traktor setip