I want to midi map my midi keyboard PITCH BEND WHEEL in Massive! Is it possible?

paulo rocha
paulo rocha Member Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2022 in Massive X & Synths

I want to midi map my midi keyboard PITCH BEND WHEEL in Massive!

Is it possible?

I'm using Logic Pro X and my midi keyboard is Graphite 49.

Tagged:

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

The pitch wheel is not assignable to macros in Massive. Individual OSC pitch values can be modulated though.

However, there might be a workaround in Logic Pro X but I don't use this DAW so I cannot tell much.

• paulo rocha
    paulo rocha Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi, Nico. First, thanks for the quick reply.

As someone that loves using the pitch bend wheel, knowing that pitch wheel is not assignable in Massive is a sort of a bummer.

What I will probably do is to send the Massive instrument track to another audio track, so I can get to record the performance (not in midi, but in audio). I won't have the pitch bend performance recorded in midi, but at least the performance (sound) itself registered.

Thanks.

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru

If you can remap your pitch wheel to another midi cc, like I can on my controller, you can control macros in Massive with it. I'm doing it right now, while I'm typing with my other hand! I had a brief look at the Graphite 49 manual and couldn't find it an option to remap, but I may have missed it. You could also use an intermediate midi processor like midi ox to remap in software, but the setup will be a little more complex. Good luck!