Studio PCupgrade Win7 Pro 64 bit to Win10 Pro 64 bit

Dozier Mills
Dozier Mills Member Posts: 13 Member

MY Recording Studio upgrading Win7 Pro 64 bit to Win 10 Pro 64 bitπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Please share what you found good or bad in the Win 10 upgrade 😎.

I have Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2, Machine MK2 all working perfectly on USB 🎹

Studio PC AMD FX(tm)6300 six Core 3.51 Ghz , 32 GB RAM, GTX 5600Ti 😜

(The issue is HD only has 48GB Free) 🀨 πŸš§πŸ’°οΈπŸ™€πŸŽΆ

The Plan for the new Win 10 Pro upgrade goes like this

New 500GB SSD to put only OS Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

1 TB has a Folder Programs for anything Native Instruments, Studio one, Toontracks, SonoBus, Jamulus, Cubase 8 with HALion 6 , HALion Sonic.

300 GB SSD and 2 TB SSD with Stuff already there.

Native Access

Download https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/

Got all Keys backed up

Here are my thought of which way to go and you tell me what you did.

1. After OS Win 10 Pro is installed on it own SSD 500 GB. Fully update everything OS. Install my Browser , install Bookmark
  2. Install Native Access and start adding Keys
  3. Make sure S61 and MK2 plugged in and all works.
  4. Then move on to other program install.

I am sure there is ALOT of changes from Win 7 to Win 10.

PC is not able to upgrade to WIn11 since that a new Motherboard and that ship has sailed.

What WIN 10 Upgrade OMG ???

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer βœ“

Yes that should work, but you don't need any keys if you already registered your native products, you just install native access 2, log in and then you can download everything, if course after setting the folders correctly to your needs. It's long time ago that i upgraded from 7 to 10 but i had no problems, but you can check all your hardware and if there are win 10 drivers, even 7 drivers can work with win 10. Important too to have folders set first, like VST folders, if you use vst2 64 bit, vst3 has a standard folder and so on, like libraries. I have all my programs and plugins on the same drive as my system and only a extra drive for the libraries and expansions, cause that's the big stuff. Then I have a smaller older SSD (500GB) for my cubase projects, cause with 32/96k those projects can get huge. And not to forget a backup solution for projects!!!

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer βœ“

Yes that should work, but you don't need any keys if you already registered your native products, you just install native access 2, log in and then you can download everything, if course after setting the folders correctly to your needs. It's long time ago that i upgraded from 7 to 10 but i had no problems, but you can check all your hardware and if there are win 10 drivers, even 7 drivers can work with win 10. Important too to have folders set first, like VST folders, if you use vst2 64 bit, vst3 has a standard folder and so on, like libraries. I have all my programs and plugins on the same drive as my system and only a extra drive for the libraries and expansions, cause that's the big stuff. Then I have a smaller older SSD (500GB) for my cubase projects, cause with 32/96k those projects can get huge. And not to forget a backup solution for projects!!!

• Dozier Mills
    edited October 2022

Awesome info and thanks for sharing.

I will make sure to put all VST, VST2 and VST3 in its own Folder on 1 TB SSD

Going to keep Win10 OS clean as I can.

Got all Keys, Download all Drivers and get ready.

Got 10 days to get my ducks in a row, That's when the new 500 GB SSD arrives.

• Dozier Mills

Issue after Native Access 2.7.0 install all

Maschine 2 does not keep my Preference when I try to select 61 & Mk2.

Maschine 2 sees my Komplete 61 Keyboard But does not see my MK2

If I unplug USB and and back in again my MK2 lights up so not a USB issue

I have downloaded the Drivers and installed the Maschine Controller Mk2 Setup and rebooted PC.

No MK2

• Uwe303

Maschine can only connect one keyboard in control mode.

• Dozier Mills

On Win7 I had Keyboard 61 and Maschine MK2 connected with no issues.

I upgraded to Win 10 Pro and only change is with Old Native Access to new 2.7.0 Native Access

So now I have 2 issues

Maschine 2 popup with can not find Massive (VST)

Maschine 2 only see Keyboard and not MK2 πŸ™„

So now I will UN-install Both Maschine 2 and Massive. Restart PC

Then re install with Native Access 2.7.0

• Dozier Mills

Woot

I have the Maschine 2 MK2 works only with Machine 2 for Mk2. The have Mk2 work with the S61 keys light on what ever is pushed on the MK2 but still no sound from Komplete Kontrol S61 like I once had with Win7.

Hopefully a update will fix

• Uwe303

Do you have midi in activated in maschine settings for the s61 keyboard? It all has to work on win 10.

• Dozier Mills

Yes I have the M-Audio Midi Man Anniversary Edition that I have (MK2 on A) and (S61 on D)

All is now working with MK2 and S61 together again 😎

• Dozier Mills
    edited November 2023

Love my Native Instruments