Activation for Skanner? (Not XT)

Kymeia
Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
edited June 2022 in Reaktor

In the past I've always had Skanner in NA as well as Skanner XT but I can't seem to see Skanner anymore. The problem is I want to be able to use the ensemble 'A Skanner Darkly' but it's asking for a Scanner activation and the Scanner XT activation doesn't seem to be enough.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Kymeia Skanner is a legacy product and has been discontinued unfortunately.

• Kymeia
    edited July 2022

That's silly, Skanner works perfectly fine on Big Sur, as a Reaktor ensemble it just requires Reaktor to be uptodate and the only technical obstacle is just the installer needs updating (even then it can be installed I found with the right click option). In the end I found a backup installer and now it works but really I just wanted the activation so I could use 'A Skanner Darkly' again - I would have been perfectly happy if NI just did the logical thing and made the Skanner XT activation also cover Skanner (as after all it is an update of that license)

• Michael O'Hagan
    Michael O'Hagan Member Posts: 93 Helper

I ran into this a few months back, it really pissed me off, I have a custom mod of skanner that was really nice, and I can't use it anymore, Skanner should still be in activation, it's a part of Reaktor, not a discontinued product.

Or they should just make the original skanner free of copy protection all together.

• Kymeia
    edited July 2022

I did manage to activate it in the end by copying the Skanner plist file from a disk clone I took before I had to do a clean install of Big Sur (as my update failed) over to 'Preferences' and it fooled NA into thinking I have it installed and then let me activate it. Then I found an old backup and installed that just for good measure but the plist in itself was enough to make it show up again in NA, then it was just a case of entering the serial.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited July 2022

In my list of Native Access 2 is no entry of Skanner. My OS is win 10 pro.

Use the info button I got a link to NIs production page. But there is only Skanner XT.

Skanner was Holiday Gift in 2013 or 2011. I can't reach the old partition of my win 7 machine. It's eaten up by a wrong Kaspersky update in June this year. The internal hdd is in an external box now. But defender blocks the whole old partition C:/

It must be older than 2013. On my hdd in registered I've found an ActivationRequestFile and an ActivationReturnFile from 23.12.2011.

Oh fine, in NI my products serial numbers there is a Skanner serial. My clone ran as demo only. Not the one above.

At least I add my Skanner serial in NA. But nothing's changed there. My clone is a demo only.

@Kaiwan_NI

Skanner is a legacy product and has been discontinued unfortunately.

If it is a legacy product I miss it in the legacy zip file. My upset of all NI products is fresh on this new win 10 machine. There is no Skanner in.

• Paule

If you own your installation file from 2008 and your serial number it works again on pc. Thank you Kymeia.

First instal it in public documents Native Instruments. Then start NA2 and add your serial number.

It's not showing on NA2 display but it work good for scary helloween sounds.

• Kymeia

And now you can load ‘A Skanner Darkly’ which is on a whole new level

• Paule
    edited October 2022

Scary sounds like with my manual morphing macro. Be careful with the mod wheel.

And now you can load ‘A Skanner Darkly’

Yes I own A-Skanner-Darkly from 2014. Who is the builder? At info tab is no additional name.

• Kymeia

Jim Hurley (Arachnaut)

• arachnaut
    arachnaut Member Posts: 81 Advisor

I made A Skanner Darkly a long time ago (2011). I have it installed in a folder called Skanner in the NI Content folder.

I think it is only the samples and snapshots that make it different, but I don't remember what I did.