Traktor Kontrol S4 mk3 mapping

Fractor
Fractor Member Posts: 1 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hey all,

how can I map Browser button turn to expand view tracklist (default Space on keyboard)? I downloaded and imported kokernutz S4 MK3 mapping where pushing browser button (loading track) minimize expanded browser window/view. I tried to duplicate command from this mapping (to be adjusted) or tried to create new one but Controller manager always "shouts" Assing! within Type of Controller and Interaction Mode. Why is Kokernutz's mapping ok with it and mine not?

How did he do this? Is there any way how to map Brower search button to such function?

Thanks for your replys.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    1. Override Encoder mapping to assign Midi Fader 1. (Add In --> Global)
    2. Add new generic midi and Odd Out --> Global --> Midi Fader 1 and map it to any Channel and CC number you don't use in your mappings. (Send this to virtual midi driver)
    3. Add another generic midi device and set it to receive from that same virtual midi port. Now add your Browser On command in this device and try to midi learn it by turning the encoder.

Answers

• s4mk3
    s4mk3 Member Posts: 33 Helper

Did you try

Button options , set to value and change the 0 to a 1?

not sure if that works?

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

EncoderTurn input of almost all NI controllers cannot be assigned to ToggleOnOff functions, only to continuous or incremental functions. According to your pictures, kokernutz did this for EncoderPush only.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    1. Override Encoder mapping to assign Midi Fader 1. (Add In --> Global)
    2. Add new generic midi and Odd Out --> Global --> Midi Fader 1 and map it to any Channel and CC number you don't use in your mappings. (Send this to virtual midi driver)
    3. Add another generic midi device and set it to receive from that same virtual midi port. Now add your Browser On command in this device and try to midi learn it by turning the encoder.