Help pls: Native Access will no longer install content

RickAG
RickAG Member Posts: 9 Member

Can anyone help? Native Access worked perfectly until a week ago. Now it won't install anything. It came up with 'Error mounting disc' in NA1, and comes up with 'Installation Failed' in NA2 when I upgraded.

It was coincidental with buying Kontakt 7. I thought it was unique to Kontakt Factory library 2, but I discover that no content will now install, even small files.

Lots of free disc space, Windows etc all up to date, fast machine, lots of RAM. Default download locations left in place.

I've put in a ticket, but while I'm waiting I wondered if there's anything obvious that I haven't looked at?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Best Answer

• RickAG
    Answer ✓

99% resolved!

It looks like my music PC has ceased to be able to mount iso files, so therefore Native Access can't install anything that requires the mounting of an iso file.

I'm investigating if one of those b****y automatic windows updates has somehow messed with that functionality.

In the meantime I solved the immediate issue (loading Kontakt Factory Library 2) by installing to a different laptop and then manually transferring the files to my main music PC.

Great support from NI

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@RickAG Are you running Native Access as administrator? How to Run a Program as an Administrator

• RickAG

@Jeremy_NI I just tried that, but unfortunately same thing - 'Installation Failed'

• Jeremy_NI

My colleagues should get back to you soon!

• RickAG

@Jeremy_NI Many thanks!

• musicman807
    musicman807 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    edited October 2022

I am having the same problem. I upgraded to kontakt 7 because I wanted factory Library 2. It downloaded no problem but it will not completely install. It stopped at 15.3 gig of 39 and will not go any further, it just says installing, for hours. I have also put a ticket in...

• RickAG

Question: can you still install other content from Native Access? NA has stopped working for me - even with small elements I get 'Installation Failed'.

We could have a different issue because the download on mine worked fine: it was just the installation that failed.

Support are being very helpful and I'll keep this thread updated.

• Jeremy_NI

@RickAG I see you are in contact with my colleagues, hoping things will be 100% resoved soon.

• RickAG
    Answer ✓

99% resolved!

It looks like my music PC has ceased to be able to mount iso files, so therefore Native Access can't install anything that requires the mounting of an iso file.

I'm investigating if one of those b****y automatic windows updates has somehow messed with that functionality.

In the meantime I solved the immediate issue (loading Kontakt Factory Library 2) by installing to a different laptop and then manually transferring the files to my main music PC.

Great support from NI

• Jeremy_NI

@RickAG Thanks for the update! Hopefully you get the iso mounting thing back 🤞