Can't view/change mappings in String Ensemble like i can with other ensembles in Symphony Essentials

Lamerak
Lamerak Member Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

Hey!

So, in Symphony Essentials if i go to, for example, Woodwind Ensemble Essential, there's a little button at the bottom that says 'ensemble' so i know which notes correspond to which instrument(s). However, in String Ensemble Essential there is no such option, I've looked all around the plugin and have not been able to figure out why. It seems like a weird thing to include for brass and winds but not strings, which makes me think it's something on my end.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓

No, it's not caused by you, this is by design. See, despite the fact that the Symphony (essential) Series is sold as a bundle it was actually developed by different companies. SoundIron is behind the brass & woodwinds, but other companies provided the percussion and strings:

See what I mean?

This difference in interface also applies to the Symphony series itself, as you can see. Definitely not an issue on your end.

Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓

No, it's not caused by you, this is by design. See, despite the fact that the Symphony (essential) Series is sold as a bundle it was actually developed by different companies. SoundIron is behind the brass & woodwinds, but other companies provided the percussion and strings:

See what I mean?

This difference in interface also applies to the Symphony series itself, as you can see. Definitely not an issue on your end.

• Lamerak
    Lamerak Member Posts: 2 Member

Hey @ShelLuser, thank you for your response so much! I appreciate it! That makes sense, but do you know if there's any documentation or anything on how it is auto arranging the chords i put down? I noticed that i was having trouble getting my arrangements to voice similarly to my sketches, and i saw on the website that the strings plugin specifically auto arranges your sketches, but i guess they don't let you choose how it's auto arranged? Or even see how it's auto arranging? It has me quite confused.

Thanks!