Komplete 14 Standard Not Installing VSTs

maey67
maey67 Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello! I am using Windows 11 and I just purchased Komplete 14 Standard. I bought so that I could have a full version of Kontakt. All of my products appear in Native Access 2 and I installed them. However, after installing I discovered that Kontakt 7 and iZotope Ozone 10 did not create VST files (.dll). The files are not in the specified folders nor the default ones. I have tried reinstalling several times to no avail. Kontakt 7 can run standalone but I need it as a VST. I have contacted NI support with this but they answered an irrelevant question. All of the other things I installed put the VST in the specified folder, so I do not understand why Kontakt and Ozone did not. Please advise.

Thank you,

Mar

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Ozone is only vst3 so you need a host that supports it, same for kontakt 7, sorry i use vst3 now for years and forget sometimes about those problems, or that some hosts don´t support it. What daw do you use, in ableton for example you have to look for vst3 in a different area as far as i remember, it´s a own category in the browser.

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

have you tried to search for kontakt in file browser, maybe it was put in the wrong folder somehow.

• maey67
    maey67 Member Posts: 3 Member
  • Uwe303
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Ozone is only vst3 so you need a host that supports it, same for kontakt 7, sorry i use vst3 now for years and forget sometimes about those problems, or that some hosts don´t support it. What daw do you use, in ableton for example you have to look for vst3 in a different area as far as i remember, it´s a own category in the browser.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

If you are searching for Kontakt 7.dll you won't find it because it is actually called Kontakt 7.vst3 per screenshot below...Installation path for plugin shown below as well. As you see below, NI places all VST3 plugins in Common Files/VST3 folder.