Komplete Audio 6 with Modular audio signals

Hi there, I got a modular and I see its audio signal is very high. I'm trying to input it into the front inputs of the Komplete Audio 6 MKII, but its so high that no matters if I select line or instrument that it enters totally overloaded, even with the level knobs at its minimum.

I know there are modules to normalize the signal before going out of the modular, and some attenuator cables that I could try, but I'd like to route the modular audio signals direct to the Komplete. So, I want to ask if there is any Komplete software or similar, which I can adjust the entry levels or similar to avoid it.

By know, I'm passing the modular audio outputs thru a mini mixer in order to attenuate the audio signals before going to the Komplete, but I don't like this way not only because it degrades the audio signal quality, but also because in this case I have to mix all the signals in only one output.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

What is your audio output module? Modular audio signal level is known to be higher than others. I'd suggest to have a mixer module outputting Line level.

I personally use an Intellijel case with built-in output, going to a KA6 MK2, works like a charm.

• DaniniDeDanone
    DaniniDeDanone Member Posts: 3 Member

Thanks Nico, I haven’t got anyone specific yet cause I’m just starting with the modular, so my outputs come directly from the vcos. That’s why I’m looking a way to reduce that signal when going in to the KA6 MKII.

• Nico_NI
    edited October 2022

For convenience purpose I would advise to get a proper output module. They're not that expensive and will make your life easier. Here's one example:

You basically need a mixer or a VCA to attenuate the output signal of your VCOs.

Here's a nice article by Perfect Circuit if you want to know more about eurorack audio signals:

• DaniniDeDanone
    DaniniDeDanone Member Posts: 3 Member

I see, thank you.

I'm thinking on getting a quad vca / mixer in order not only to attenuate the audio signals, but also for being able to output some of them separately to the KA6 MKII. Like this one from Doepfer:

• Nico_NI

Good choice, Doepfer prices are good and quality is super robust. You always need more VCAs anyway 😄

• Macrelle
    Macrelle Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    I want to use 2 microphones and a guitar on my komplete audio 6 .. on which connectors should I connect my guitar and my two microphones?