The MASCHINE+ Feedback Thread

Comments

• thedavewalker
    thedavewalker Member Posts: 6 Member

I wonder if load times can be improved?

I finally got together four tunes that play flawlessly, just under 5 minutes each, and wanted to see if I could do a 20 minute 'set' with them one after another.

Alas, it can take anything from twenty seconds to a minute to load each one in turn, which could be a bit awkward during a live set.

I suspect this is because they have longish sliced samples. I suppose I could invest more time in chopping the samples down to size but while in Controller Mode on a laptop these exact same projects load practically instantaneously.

So while not a fair comparison, think I'll do my set in Controller Mode for now, which isn't the end of the world, just kinda disappointing.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    edited February 2022

There's plenty of Maschine + users happy with the device and it doesn't have anything with identity or fanboyism. We already shared that we knew auto-sampler was being added and we also know auto-recovery should be there as well. These two features have been requested many times over and are afaik in the scope.

Again, a status update is coming with all the details.

• Akira-76
    Akira-76 Member Posts: 40 Helper

@TheLoudest

I am new also on Maschine environment. I never had a Maschine device or have used Maschine Software before I buy my Maschine+ on December.

On page 124 of the official manual, it is described how to set modulation on step basis : https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/manuals/maschine/MASCHINE_Plus_Manual_English_01_10_2020.pdf

As explained, you didn't need to push the play button to do it.

(Quite) No problem if the modulation change along the pattern, but it is unusable when for example you want to set a Cutoff to the max on the first step of a pattern for the whole pattern. Because you set 1 value, Maschine+ will not "understand" that it have to do something with this value... only from the second one it will do something.

And strangely, when playing the same pattern on Maschine software, this 1 value is correctly interpreted... Imo it is a bug, but some people thing it is not...

• Akira-76
    Akira-76 Member Posts: 40 Helper

I think the zombie point was more about people with such a sense of commodified identity that they will defend and love the device even if it was bad and attack people who have things that they don’t like about it because they’ve mistaken their opinion for fact and have tied their identity to NI as a brand.

It is exactly the definition of the kind of Zombies I was facing to. As exist NI Zombie, exist Akai Zombie, Roland Zombie, etc.

• Matt_NI
    edited February 2022

I agree and we won't be tolerating this sort of toxic/troll behaviour anymore.

Luckily Maschine + 1.4 does actually have new features and stability improvements. We should have everything ready to share by the end of the week.

• Matt_NI

Did you check it with our internal support teams? Did you get a bug number for it?

I'm asking because I couldn't find anything with your account suggesting you reached out to us with more info.

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor

When editing automation, would it be possible to use a keyboard with a touch pad, or even a simple mouse, to facilitate curve editing like on a touch screen?

• drewhjava
    drewhjava Member Posts: 31 Helper
    edited February 2022

Ya'll are welcome to sell and go to another platform but good luck.

MPC Live - LOL.

Akai Force - LOL.

Novation circuit - LOL.

Polyend Tracker - LOL

Digitakt - LOL

You have to believe me when I tell you this thing, even with all its flaws, stands on its own in the space with no competition.

• TheLoudest
    TheLoudest Member Posts: 110 Advisor

@Akira-76

if the behavior of Program Changes is different in the software, it actually looks like a bug... indeed

so it is likely to be fixed in the next update 🤞

I agree with Matt_NI about the support team, I needed them because there was a problem initializing my Maschine+ and they helped me very efficiently.

About your procedure for Program Change, I'm still not sure we can add automations step-by-step with sequencer stopped... I just tried quickly without success... (I followed the procedure described in the manual) 

I will try again later, taking more time...

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

Yo!! Create a project and name it what you want, for example: Liveset. Then go to your other tracks and save your groups with patterns. Go back to your liveset project and load them to your groups. Try as much as possible to use only one group/complete track. 16 sounds is a lot of elements. Create your patterns in that group.

so, for example group a is my uplifted/downlifter/impact group. Group b is my carefully selected group of percs I play live with. Group c is loaded with massive, monarch, polysynth and so forth. Group d is my aux effects channel with reverbs, delays, compressor, and whatever else I got there, saturator and so on. In group e I got the first track of the set, in this group I have for example 6-7 different patterns, the different parts of the track, all sounds and everything else, so while I can play around with the track buildup I can also play live on my loaded instruments and percs and effects and stuff.

Does this make sense? Tried writing and explaining while my kids are going crazy up in this *beeeeep.

ps: I use Maschine+ together with a maschine jam which eases things ALOT. And also an M32 keyboard.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2022

To bring some clarity to the "Audio Glitch" thing:

When people say this it can be because there are not enough resources to run X sound with Y amount of fx or they can be referring to the bug that causes the device to boot with unusable glicthy audio, since this bug does not affect everyone and people aren't really descriptive it leads to misunderstandings...

This is why some users are baffled by others saying "everything is OK, I love my M+" when others can't even play an empty new project with a simple kick with zero fx; it's easy to get around the problem if you know what to do - Twist the Audio Interface selection knob in the settings - But in all honesty, it is indeed pretty awkward to start a standalone and have glitchy audio on an empty project.

Hopefully, it's fixed soon.

• TheLoudest
    TheLoudest Member Posts: 110 Advisor

@D-One

I don't know if it is the same bug but I think I already encountered the behavior you described here..

I just fixed this issue by turning ON my external audio interface AFTER the Maschine boot completely...

since I've been doing this, I no longer have this problem of "glitches" when starting a project...

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2022

It's similar, but happens when only using the internal Interface, which is something I assume a new user would expect to always work flawlessly particularly on a standalone that often people buy to run away from "computer problems". IMO the issue is a bit more tolerable when using external interfaces.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

Indeed. That is one of the more awkward malfunctions, and should really have been fixed by now.

This discussion has been closed.