Kontakt 7: Unusable in Komplete Kontrol/Maschine 2. Refund Possible?

iNate
iNate Member Posts: 151 Advisor
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

Can't load the plug-in in Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2. Have tried everything from a Reinstall of Kontakt 7 to Rescanning Plug-ins to a full clean-out and rebuild of all of the Databases for Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2.

It doesn't work.

Would like a refund for it if possible, so I could just use Kontakt 6.

Cannot access Kontakt 6 in Komplete Kontrol if Kontakt 7 is installed. It defaults to Kontakt 7. Plus, I don't really want to keep it if it's unusable. That's the worst kind of monetary waste.

Comments

• iNate
    edited October 2022

Going to uninstall it and install Kontakt 6 in the interim, so I can get work done. I think I'll just go and put in a support ticket.

• iNate

Follow-Up:

This issue is 100% isolated to Kontakt 7. No other instruments have this issue.

The problems also exists on my laptop, so it isn't even an issue isolated to one machine. Load anything that requires REAKTOR, Battery, etc. and it works fine. Try to load any Kontakt Library and "Plug-in Not Found."

I've reinstalled everything, reset databases, etc. and the software is still broken. Nothing that loads in Kontakt can be used in Komplete Kontrol or Maschine 2 if Kontakt 7 is installed.

I'm going to uninstall K7 and reinstall only Kontakt 6 and see if that fixes things.

Waste of money, this upgrade.

(I've already tried all existing troubleshooting steps from NI. It's fruitless.)

• iNate

Kontakt 6 works!

So, the issue is definitely with Komplete Kontrol and/or Kontakt 7.

• Vinark
    Vinark Member Posts: 15 Member

I am not sure how this exactly works, but my guess is that all K6 presets expect and try to open K6 from maschine and komplete. Have you tried having both installed k6 and k7? And what happens if you try to open a kontakt library v2 which are made for K7, with both installed?

Also can you just load k7 as a plugin and then load an instrument?

• iNate
    edited October 2022

Follow-up Thread: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/7314/komplete-kontrol-and-maschine-2-cannot-load-kontakt-instruments-with-kontakt-7-installed/

In short, the only way I can access anything Kontakt-related is if I uninstall Kontakt 7. If Kontakt 7 is installed, Komplete Kontrol and Maschine always use it over Kontakt 6 - even with "Use Latest Versions" nad "Kontakt 7" unchecked in plug-in settings.

Kontakt 7 needs KK support to be usable in hosts that lack VST3 Support.

This also wouldn't fix the fact that it completely breaks Maschine 2 by making every Kontakt Library inaccessible in a Maschine 2/MK3 workflow (as Maschine 2 basically integrates Komplete Kontrol).

The only fix is to completely remove Kontakt 7 from the machine - both of them, since this is 100% reproducable across two separate machines here. If it is installed - even alongside Kontakt 6 - it will break everything.

But yes, it does run as a standalone app or plug-in if used directly.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Kontakt 7 is VST3 only. And Maschine/Komplete Kontrol have just been updated to support VST3 hosting, so please update KK and you should be able to see and use K7!