How do you get the Mick Gordon signature synth sound?

Popsiidat
Popsiidat Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I mainly play guitar. I am completely clueless when it comes to synths and pads. I was trying to cover one of the DOOM soundtracks (The Only Thing They Fear is You) and I have no idea how to get that synth sound that Mick Gordon uses on the track.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

i listened to it, after sooo many years again ;-) he uses lots of swells, noises, ambiance, glitch, dirty, distorted, soundscapes and stuff like that - if you have komplete kontrol just select the types i wrote and you´ll find tons and tons of good stuff. I know it´s maybe a bit too much what you´ll find but then you have of course many cood stuff to choose from and not only synths, cause there are also many sampled instruments fitting the bill.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

i listened to it, after sooo many years again ;-) he uses lots of swells, noises, ambiance, glitch, dirty, distorted, soundscapes and stuff like that - if you have komplete kontrol just select the types i wrote and you´ll find tons and tons of good stuff. I know it´s maybe a bit too much what you´ll find but then you have of course many cood stuff to choose from and not only synths, cause there are also many sampled instruments fitting the bill.