What's better with Kontakt 7 - "libary 2"

strg+v
strg+v Member Posts: 61 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

Wich "arguments " do you have, why i should upGRADE?

Wahts better in K7... (i dont see anything for me.. maybe for lib-creator....)

and whats is better in LibRary 2 ... ok, is doubel as much space (als loadtime, HDD-need...)

So WHAT is the BENIFIT for it?????

Does the VLC (part of LIB 1.... the only reason i bought 10-15 years ago... kontakt... and "updated" cause the OS will not longer support....)

What could be a reason for ME (i´m almost happy with very, very old VLC... i like WOULD new interfaces/midi-stunts of of all expansive orchester-tools... but in fact, i can live without all this toy-stuff...

Are the LIB 2 (the VLC inside) really better than the V1 ????

I have no M1M2... so what really better for me (as NON-cerator????) ... better loadtime/better GUI, less klicks.... i dont see this???

Well, bettter PIANO_Book-Support... 31% wants the newest update... and maybe in a year or 2 i need/want any M_Chip... but maybe than there will be K8... but so far???

Is the duoble-size-LIB (VLC) really better????

Tagged:

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited October 2022

What do you mean by "VLC"? I only know VLC as a video player program... :)

• strg+v
    edited October 2022

Sorry, i meant the VSL--- Vienna symhonic lib... (inside old "give-away-LIB", at least for my "orchester-stunts..." which is almost great... i do not try to really emulate real Orchestra/Pedowood-Ensemble...)

But i guess, i will spend spend some bucks more to get the Symphony-Essentials... on "black friday" or so... seems to be the better "orchestra" of what im willing to pay...instead V7-update...

And it needs "just" 18GB instead of 350 GB.... or whatever NI needs for 10-50 secondes of "quiet" "releases"....

• EvilDragon

VSL is not there anymore in the new factory library - it was replaced with all new content from Orchestral Tools. It sounds much better :)

• coroneddu
    coroneddu Member Posts: 5 Member

Evil could you please check if Harp and Celesta have a really noticeable hiss in each sample?

I find the OT libraries to sound much worse actually

Thanks!

• EvilDragon

Harp seems quite alright to me. Celesta has a higher noise floor, I suspect due to the mic positioning and the room.

• coroneddu
    coroneddu Member Posts: 5 Member

well that is a problem lol If the previous celesta sounds better than the one I paid an upgrade for..

and it's not the only one with a higher noise floor, which makes these instrument unusable.

also the previous harp is less "stiff" than the new one, which it might sound good but it's not as "playable" as the old one (which I've used a lot in the past and I know pretty well)

thankfully I only paid 99€ for the upgrade but the more I dig, the more I think that this upgrade is def not worth. First time with NI.

• garfinkle
    garfinkle Member Posts: 19 Member

The OT libraries are way too roomy to be useful in many situations, IMHO. Strikingly so. Just for laughs, try creating any fast movements with the spicatto strings. Total mush.

Still, maybe some people like adding room to room to room when playing back multiple lines. Beats me.

• strg+v
    edited October 2022

Thanks guys... but i guess i have my decssion.. and thats.. for just 99 bucks...

this is my favorite/no brainer...

(all the "orchestra" NI stuff/bundless/specials... is very far behind this one.. for just 99bucks... :-)))))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LV7yEFC7Ec

• neoqeen
    neoqeen Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Vinyl tiles need care and cleaning to keep them looking their best, just like any floor tiles. Here’s how to clean vinyl tile floors.

You should sweep and vacuum vinyl floors in high-traffic areas of a home every day to remove grit because it can cause scratches. Besides, you should wipe spills immediately to prevent staining because stains are more difficult to remove.