Feature request: Better automation in Maschine

2»

Comments

• BigPictureSound
    BigPictureSound Member Posts: 47 Member

This is the missing piece for me as well. Everything else flows so well, even the way recording automation on the fly is handled per pattern - which adds unexpected sweetness to my tracks which would never happen if I were manually clicking and adjusting envelope curves around and not performing them loose, but...

The track needs to come to an end at some point and simple precision automation envelopes are a requirement to wrap everything up in the box.

• BigPictureSound
    BigPictureSound Member Posts: 47 Member

What about the release of clips, that's very DAW'ish, don't you think?

Either way, without making it too complex, it doesn't seems flow breaking to add a curve tool in addition to the pencil tool for times when simple automation lines or curves are needed over plotted dots.

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor

+1 for me as well especially for the M+.

One additional thing that I think would be badass would be if there were preset automation curves you could use (sinusoid, ramps, etc.) so that you could have a starting shape that you could tweak with parameters or fine editing.

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 75 Helper

Visualize/edit automation curves is definely musthave feature for Maschine+ !

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

Stepped sounds can be done through step automation in step mode. Someone asked.

• enz0
    enz0 Member Posts: 45 Advisor

a line / curve tool in the software would definitely be useful

thinking about a way that works on the hardware as well — recording lock states would be a good first step. This would cover straight line automation. Being able to select different curves along with that and adjust specific curve parameters would be dope

• DrMisterius12
    DrMisterius12 Member Posts: 2 Member

I would love if there was a way to add an automation track within the arranger that effects all clips/patterns within a group or even master. Maybe have an automation drop down button (red circle) that creates an FX automation (blue box) drop down that lets you draw in automation across all clips/patterns. I think an overhaul to automation in general would create a much more holistic DAW experience where, as of now, I'm having to export out to Reaper to really do all the automation mixing I would like.