Midi messages for KK keyboards browse feature

feooo
feooo Member Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

In KK (software) you are able to midi learn to the macro knobs which is great. You can also midi learn to some of the browse features like next / prev preset.

There appears to be no way to midi learn to the following:

1. Browse button
  2. Browse knob turn
  3. Browse click

Is anyone able to hook up a midi probe to their KK keyboard and see what midi messages its sending. I almost have the setup I want and I don't have space for a gigantic midi keyboard

Cheers

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    Answer ✓

The control messages are proprietary from what I can figure, there is no way to make a 3rd party keyboard trigger the dedicated functions of the NI keyboard such as the 4D encoder or the Arp/Scale settings etc. Nothing you can do in this department as it is a communication only between keyboard and driver, unlikely that would be opened up for other manufacturers to take advantage of.

Answers

• JesterMgee

Those aren’t possible and there is no MIDI sent, only control messages for those controls. The issue I would see is it would be fine to have the 4D knob mappable to an encoder that sends inc/dec values but for hardware that has standard potentiometers it would be unusable.

• feooo
    feooo Member Posts: 5 Member

appologises to be clear I was after the control messages that the devices sends so I can replay them with either my keyboard or another device

• JesterMgee

Not possible, they aren’t a standard message of any kind, it’s proprietary. I am guessing for that kind of control they want you to be using a KK keyboard.

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

The control messages are proprietary from what I can figure, there is no way to make a 3rd party keyboard trigger the dedicated functions of the NI keyboard such as the 4D encoder or the Arp/Scale settings etc. Nothing you can do in this department as it is a communication only between keyboard and driver, unlikely that would be opened up for other manufacturers to take advantage of.