Avoid automatic Host Automation population.

Alex Prado
Alex Prado Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

Hi.

I am using Kontakt 7 with Komplete 14. Everytime I load an instrument, Host Automation is automatically populated in Kontakt. I have several instruments loaded in a single Kontakt instance and I would like to do my own assignments in Host Automation.

Is there a way to avoid automatic population of Host Automation? I would like to load instruments and keep Host Automation empty, so I can do my own assignments.

I know I can remove the automatic assignments, but it takes a lot of time. Also, if I need to load an additional instrument more automatic assignments are created.

If it is not possible to avoid automatic assignments, is there a way to delete them quickly?

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

You cannot avoid this with newer instruments that populate host automation from the script (which is required for NKS compatibility).

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited October 2022

Load each instrument as a single instance, take the time to clear the automation assignments, then save the instrument with a unique name as a preset.

Do this with all your other instruments individually.

When you wish to create a multi, adding these uniquely saved instruments should allow you to stack the rack with multiple instances that have no preassignments.

AFAIK there is no shortcut.

YMMV.

• Alex Prado

Thank you, Brad.

That's a good idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in general. I mean, I would have to do that with all instruments in Komplete 14, it would be crazy. I know I asked for a specific Multi, but it was just an example. I extensively use Komplete and I am not going to do that for each instrument. Additionally, some instruments do not allow me to remove the Host Automation assignments. They are like hard wired.

However, I really appreciate your time to respond and your idea! :)

Alex.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

You cannot avoid this with newer instruments that populate host automation from the script (which is required for NKS compatibility).

• Alex Prado

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate it.