Instant Gratification Mappings not working with Traktor Pro 3.6

Tellmeaboutit123
Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hi there, I have a S4 Mk3 and with 3.6 the ability to save snap shots is all messed up and therefore those maps are messed up.

please fix it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

I'm advising everyone with Insta Grat mappings to stay away from 3.6 until it's fixed.

NI has introduced a feature nobody asked for and at the same time break the functionality of our old mappings. Really nice one.

• Tellmeaboutit123

Traktor is so well renowned for its mapping capabilities. This needs fixing asap.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Tellmeaboutit123 I sent your case to our Traktor support team, thanks for reporting.

• Stevan

I've heard from other people who already reported this to support. The support informed them that this is not issue but the design. Which is nonsense and I hope they are wrong about that.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

If that is true, i will totally stay on TP 3.4.2. 😫

• Stevan

@Friedemann_NI

Can you share any information about this issue?

• dariodelima
    dariodelima Member Posts: 50 Advisor

I totally agree that this issue is unacceptable, many of us have been using instant gratification mappings or other mappings that rely on this for years on years which is now part of our workflow in Traktor. It was what set traitor apart from other software the midi mapping capabilities. To change this and have those mappings no longer working or able to work in the future is a kick in the teeth to your loyal subscribers who paid for software and paid lots of many to buy controllers where we could use these type of mappings to control various gratification mappings. Eg midi fighters ,midi twisters and Pioneer xp1"s. Now all these have become useless with this change to the way the new save snap shots work. Please Ni fix this do not make my hard earned controllers become obsolete and paper weights. THIS NEEDS TO BE A PRIORITY AND NOT JUST ANOTHER THING HANDED TO THE DEV REAM TO LOOK AT AND THEN FORGOTTEN ABOUT....😡😡😡

• Tellmeaboutit123

So true all these comments. Folk have bought controllers because of mapping capabilities within Traktor. If you look over the years - DJ Techtools, BeauBryte, Tekken, JWill, Stewe and many others. All these creators and innovators have added huge value to Traktor eco system. They really have to prioritise this.

• Stevan

Sad times for Traktor DJ's....

• FunkyBrewster
    FunkyBrewster Member Posts: 3 Member

I have a custom pad FX mapping for the F1, based on the ultra-popular Tekken’s Kontrol F1 Ultimate Mapping v3.4, and none of the effects that use Toggle as a trigger work anymore. This is a complete show stopper for me. People have reported on DJ TechTools that that mapping is now broken, too. Hearing that there are even more mappings being broken is extremely discouraging.

• Jonas_NI
    Jonas_NI Product Team Posts: 127 mod

Hi,

Thank you for reporting these issues.

The idea behind excluding the on/off button of snapshot saving was to provide more security when switching from one effect to an other to be sure that switching to a new effect won't mess up your mix. This way we also wanted to add even more flexibility in the mappings as you are able to add the ON/OFF button state independently by adding the UNIT ON command in the controller manager and either mapping it as HOLD or DIRECT = 1 control. While with the old behaviour you would have not been able to securely exclude the ON/OFF state of the button.

But let's have the conversation. Do you think that with this background it will be possible for you to regain control of your instant gratification mappings by adding the UNIT ON command or do you still consider the previous behaviour feels right to you. In this case we are open to consider rolling back the behaviour in a next update.

• Stevan

Why not add a modifier condition on snapshots instead of killing the feature?

Only works if:

-Group FX Unit mode is selected.

-Single FX Unit mode is selected.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    edited October 2022

A third and fourth option should be:

Only works if:

• Always.
    • Never.
  • dariodelima
    dariodelima Member Posts: 50 Advisor
    edited October 2022

Yes these new options from the map creators I can understand but what of those mappings we use and paid people to create them. Not everyone understands the ins and outs of mappings and adding another modifier or cmnd, some mappings are rather complicated and are three or 4 tsi's. Perhaps a simple rollback to how it was would be better to have all thise mappings already out tuere still compatible. Getting in touch or hoping the creator's that made certain mappings who have moved on from Traktor will update to these new commands will be a headache for many users of mappings.

I used Stevan for my main mapping so hopefully that would not be an issue to get the mapping updated but am sure many othher users use mappings from people no longer about as they have moved on from Traktor. Eg Tekken mapping for the F1 was hugely popular but he has no longer been around or updated that mapping in years but am sure it is still one of the most uses F1 mappings. Roll back to previous way it was seems like a more logical solution.